Friday, September 8, 2023

Neglected

*sits down for an afternoon cup of joe, takes a sip, gets ready to do a post on cards over coffee*

I posted before summer began that I was taking a break from this blog to focus on family and other things going on. It was a busy summer to say the least.

Now with fall kicking into gear (you wouldn't know it with today's 96-degree heat index despite the leaves changing colors), things have slowed down some so I have been able to do a few posts on here and try to dig back into collecting again.

The problem with taking such a chunk of time off, is all of the work that comes with neglecting this blog and my collection. First, I have no drafts on here so posts are being done as I can think of things to post about. 

Today's post is an example.
 

Second, I had cards sent my way a few times this year in big chunks which has put me really far behind in sorting it all out. These boxes also contain stuff leftover I hadn't sorted yet from last fall. So, now I have a ton of work and little time to do so. 

Third, I have these sorting trays full of trade bait for fellow bloggers and former bloggers all summer I just haven't had a minute to put them into PWEs and mail out. So, some of you reading this, be watching your mailboxes by Christmas (fingers crossed).

Lastly, I have been adding some set needs and really need to take the time to get those numbers along with my want list updated on here.

A lot to do with not a lot of time, but I will take advantage of the time I can squeeze in.

I hope all of you have a great Friday.

And before I close out today, I wanted to share an article I recently had published on the BCW Website, How to Ship Cards For the Cost of a Stamp . With my little bit more of extra time, I have been submitting articles to companies hoping to get them published. Stay tuned on this front as I may have more to share.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

10 comments:

  1. Cool that they published your article on their blog. It is a nice article and explains that method very well. I have had cards from trades (mostly) and some purchases of cards where the shipper sent more than 6 cards. They used the same method as you use, often instead of cutting each row they just fold the page. I have only received cards this way I haven't sent any that way. It has been a long time since I've sent only one or a small handful of cards via PWE. I receive PWEs all the time. Unfortunately some traders and it seems most sellers do not know the advantage of using painters tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, some use scotch tape and tape them to cardboard and make it impossible to even get the card out

      Delete
  2. Glad to see and read your article. I'm getting ready to send out a PWE like that later today. I was a published author for a few years as a writer for a Stock Car Racing publication. Have a great Friday as we raise the next cup together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool to be a writer. I hope to keep expanding my world.

      Delete
  3. Thankfully I have my sorting down to one six inch stack, but that can get out of hand fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lucky! I need to catch up! It's becoming overwhelming

      Delete
  4. I saw that article, but didn't realize that it was from you; I guess didn't scroll down enough past the end to see your blogs mentioned. Anyway, even though we're not on good terms anymore, I still wanted to come by and congratulate you on that piece, and wish you all the best on your future freelance work. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there like that, but I would imagine that it'll get easier once you establish a reputation and/or start to build up a body of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon. It has taken me many years to come out of my shell and put myself out there. I hope to share more of my articles on here in the future along with continuing to write on here as well.

      Hope someday we can get back on good terms again.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on getting an article published! Hopefully there are many more in the future. Seeing that monster box is so polarizing. If I had a box like that... half of me would be stoked to have stuff to dig through... the other half would be overwhelmed with everything else going on in my life. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I am at with that box. I also feel I keep losing stuff at the same time!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!