Thursday, September 28, 2023

Taste The Rainbow

*sits down, takes a sip and gets ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee*

*takes another sip, copies and pastes a post from another blog that was supposed to publish there but decided to keep it here to only have one blog*

*another sip, does some editing and is ready for the post*

In the hobby when it comes to chasing rainbows, I treat it like Skittles, I want to taste the rainbow.

Not try the whole thing.

In today's hobby unless you have deep pockets, collecting an entire rainbow run of player is impossible. So, I just add a few of some of my favorite players just to see some color.

The recent player and card I chose is Eli Manning from 2023 Prizm Draft.

Even though I don't like college football or cards with college football uniforms, I find it a cheaper way to do a taste of the rainbow.

I landed one Eli for cheap, then got addicted.

I don't have the base card to kick off the chase, so I started with these first. Seems backwards, but base are easier to land at some point.
Silver Parallel

Gold Ice

  
Ruby Wave

And my first Snakeskin in my collection. This is a case hit SSP. Very cool looking card despite not being a fan of snakes.

Here is the overall look at the rainbow, what I have is crossed out (a couple are on their way) and what's left,
Gold Ice, Green, Purple Wave, Red IceRuby WaveSilverSnakeskin, White Sparkle, Red /299, Blue Wave /249, Blue /199, Purple Ice /149, Red Finite /125, Blue Ice /99, Blue Finite /89, Purple /75, Gold Flash /49, Organa Pulsar /49, Red Flash /49, Orange Finite /39, Green Pulsar /25, Mojo /25, Gold Shimmer /15, Neon Pink Pulsar /15, Gold /10, Green Shimmer /8, Black Gold /5, Black Finite 1/1, Black Shimmer 1/1, Gold Vinyl 1/1.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am not sure how many overall I will chase, but if I find some cheap ones, I will add them. No way I chase the full thing with three 1/1's as well. Panini has gone crazy.

However, as a side bonus, with each add to this run, it gets me a step closer to 1,000 different Eli Mannings as well.

That goal hopefully comes faster with a chase like this.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. That Snakeskin parallel is cool looking. I don't think I will be chasing any card rainbows. The lowest numbered card I have is a 1/8. It's not from a very popular set either. Best to you in your Eli quest. I had my last sip. Refill time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always time for a refill! Yeah, I don't bother with lower numbered cards anymore

      Delete
  2. I approach rainbows in a similar fashion. If it's cheap... I'll buy them. If not... oh well... guess I won't get a chance to taste it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am not too concerned with finishing it up, I will just go as far as it will take me

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!