Saturday, October 14, 2023

Second Look

Hey guys! I have my coffee and I am getting ready to read a new article and series posted on Beckett.com called Second Look.

The Article is HERE

*takes a sip*

After clicking the link I had to do a second look! At the top of the article was my name! Wait… that must mean…Guess what??!! I wrote it!

*takes a sip*

I am happy to announce I am writing on Beckett’s website a series called Second Look.

Second Look is a series that will take you back to the nostalgic days of the 90s. I know the first article in the series features 1989 Upper Deck baseball, but the rest of the series will feature other sets in the 90s across all sports and non sports that really needed a second look. Whether they were underrated sets, iconic in some way or simply important to me. 

They will get a second look. 

It’s almost like the look you gave out of the corner of your eye to the girl you saw across the room while your wife watched you. Except you won’t have to sleep on the couch to read my series.

But, if you wanted to read my series on the couch that’s fine with me.

So I hope all of you enjoy my new adventure. I am not sure how long it will be for, but it will be a few months at least. With some reading or comments from you guys on my articles, my dream to continue writing for Beckett could go longer.

As for this blog, don’t fret, there is still more coffee and cards to come! There may be some gaps in posting, but the blog will brew on!!

*takes a sip before finishing up todays post*

Before I close, I just wanted to thank you guys again for reading this blog. I never would have stepped outside my comfort zone as much as I have this year and even approached Beckett without your guys reading, comments and encouragement. 

Thank you.

In comments today, I would welcome any suggestions from any sport or non-sport on a set you think needs a second look. I have a list started and who knows…maybe one you choose will make it or has already!

(Side note, writing blog posts are not ideal on a cell phone, just saying)

*Coffee Card Blogger  Out*

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting published! Well written and easy to read along with pictures. That's my kind of article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your blog, especially using the coffee angle. — Joe. https://diamondnotes.substack.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new gig, Matt. This will give you some really good exposure; the kind that could potentially lead to much bigger things in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, appreciate the kind words. I hope it does expand to bigger things, but I am also okay where I am at.

      Delete
  4. How cool! I'm so excited for you, and eager to read your articles that certainly deserve a second look 😏
    For me as a child of the 90s, it was all about Upper Deck Choice. Loved the star quest

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!