Tuesday, October 3, 2023

The Rise Of Marvel

*sits down to open laptop. begins to google a list of Marvel movies in order to use in today's post. *

*takes a sip*

*copies and pastes a list to edit, takes another sip, looks at nearby cards and is ready to go for today's post*

This summer I didn't go on any trips. I didn't take any adventures away from home. I didn't go to any theme parks, fairs or even wild crazy Walmart card shopping adventures. Outside of going to the grocery store, running errands, spending time with family my summer was a quiet one. One that didn't cost a lot of money for the money I don't have.

However, with that time I discovered a new passion in life, watching Marvel Movies.

*takes a sip*

The first movie I watched was Guardians Of The Galaxy and from there, I was hooked. The wit, humor and action in the movie had me. I followed that up with Guardians Of The Galaxy Two and then started to expand my watching.

Up until this summer, the only Marvel character I had any interest in was Spider-Man. I grew up watching that cartoon and thought he was the coolest, other than Batman. I also watched the three-what I consider OG movies-that featured Tobey Maguire. But, never had interest in watching the newer ones. Well, as my summer went on, I took a dip into those and really liked them.

The first one I watched was Spider-Man Homecoming.
Which featured a younger cast for the characters in this universe. Aunt May, hey eyes on the writing I see them drifting upward, was played by Marisa Tomei instead of an elderly woman.

MJ was played by Zendaya who is believed to be a rising star in Hollywood.

 
And Spider-Man was played by Tom Holland. Who I thought played the role really well.

The movie was the 16th movie in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) order. I didn't watch any of the movies in order so I can't remember which order I saw this one. I just wished I had watched them in order, but I chose the ones I wanted to see first, then I have gone back and tried to watch the others in order.

Here are the movies, crossed out, I have seen this summer in the MCU.

Phase One (2008-2012)
Iron Man 
The Incredible Hulk 
Iron Man 2 
Thor 
Captain America: The First Avenger 
Marvel’s The First Avengers

(I didn't watch the Hulk since they replaced the actor from that one in the movies following. I felt it would take away from what I have seen)

Phase Two (2013-2015)
Iron Man 3 
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 
Guardians of the Galaxy 
Avengers: Age of Ultron 
Ant-Man 

(Ant-Man was better than I thought it would be, same with Thor)

Phase Three (2016-2019)
Captain America: Civil War 
Doctor Strange 
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 
Spider-Man: Homecoming 
Thor: Ragnarok 

Black Panther 
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp 

Captain Marvel 
Avengers: Endgame 
Spider-Man: Far From Home 

(I have been holding off on Black Panther, it appeared to be boring but I probably will watch it next then Captain Marvel)

The Multiverse Saga: Phase Four (2021-2022)
Black Widow 
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 
Eternals 
Spider-Man: No Way Home 
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Thor: Love and Thunder
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 

(I am lacking in this group. Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Eternals didn't look that exciting, but I will give them a try. Wakanda will have to wait until I watch the first and I believe Doctor Strange will be one of the next movies I am watching)

Phase Five (2023-2024)
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 
The Marvels 

(Ant-Man is coming up in my next three, The Marvels releases soon but I have to watch the other first)

This is just the movie part of the universe, there are also spinoff shows on Disney+. The one that intrigues me most is Loki, which is the spinoff from Thor.

But, I am going to finish the movies first.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I have started a fairly small collection of Marvel cards from these movies including the cards above and I am always looking for more. Especially autographs and relic cards from the movies.

Here is where I would rank my wants most in order,
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Spider-Man
The Avengers
Thor
Ant-Man

Then anything else.

I hope in comments you will let me know if you enjoyed any of these movies and went as crazy as I did watching them.

Hope you have a great Tuesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

10 comments:

  1. Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite too, and that third movie was about as perfect of a wrap-up to the trilogy as you could expect. The Eternals (and the yet to be released Marvels) are the only ones I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just want more Galaxy!! But, won't be the same without the full cast

      Delete
  2. Sorry, but these movies don't hit the top of my watchlist. I'm not a Marvel person. There are people in my house that are fans and I'm sure they have seen some of these. I just took the last gulp of my coffee. There might be a refill in order. Enjoy this day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a marvel person either until I started watching them. I liked Batman and Spiderman and that was it. But I gave them a chance and became hooked

      Delete
  3. Since you only mentioned Homecoming, I had assumed you didn't see the other 2 Holland movies yet, but you did. What did you think? For me overall, Phase 4 and 5 have been a disappointment, other than No Way Home and Guardians 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I liked No Way Home and Guardians 3, but the couple I have seen in Phase 4 and 5 haven't been great. I wasn't too much of a fan of the Thor ending for Love and Thunder

      Delete
  4. Thor Ragnarok is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was by far the best of the Thor series

      Delete
  5. My favorites were Infinity War and Endgame. I love how they tied all of of the other movies together... and it was filled with action. The latest Marvel movie I watched was the 3rd Guardians of the Galaxy. I liked it. But honestly... I like all of them (however Phase 3 is my favorite).

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!