Friday, October 27, 2023

On Point

*sun is out for the first time in a week as it glistens between the curtains and blinding the computer screen. gets up and shuts curtains full to see despite wanting to see the sun that hasn't appeared in over a week.*

*grabs cup of coffee, brews it in keurig and sits back down. takes a sip, coffee is on point this morning just like the mail day about to be shown*

*takes another sip*

I love mail days, but who doesn't? But, I really love mail days from blog reader Oren, especially ones that I don't know what the contents are.

After trading with him for well over a year if not two now, he has pretty much figured out what I am looking for and his mail days are always on point to what I am collecting.

We may not have done as much trading this year due to both of our busy schedules, but its apparent in his last mail day he hasn't forgotten what to send me.

Because it was on point.
First up, some Allen and Ginter non-sport minis.

A stack of some really cool looking Star Wars cards from Topps Star Wars Illustrated. This was my favorite card from the stack.

A few more from Allen and Ginter. The Wood Jr is a foil parallel, sometimes unless the sun is out I have a hard time capturing the shine.

Every time I get some Allen and Ginter inserts I am also instantly reminded that I really need to sit down and round up all of my inserts from the product and see what my set needs are.

Slap me silly! It's Will Smith! I am not sure how people feel about Will after his incident, but I am still a fan. I enjoyed his movies from the 90's and Fresh Prince.

The early 90's included quite a few celebrities on their cards I am finding out and have been trying to compile a list of needs.


I am not exactly sure what these are, but they are pretty darn cool! Definitely some unique pieces for my Batman collection. I also kept them in the baggie they came from worrying if I took them out that I may damage them or worse, lose them.

The Bulls were in my Top 3 most hated teams of the 90's, but 90's inserts were at the top of my heart and still are. This Scottie Pippen is pimpin'!

Jumbo!! I can finally knock John Elliot's autograph off from my want list for my Giants autograph needs. I wished the Gmen had him on the line right now, even at his age now I bet he can outplay what they have out there.

New Curtis Martin for that side player PC. I have gotten a good number of relics and patches for that PC because of Oren. At some point I really need to take care of the autograph need.

Then to finish up the package, Oren sent along a couple of fun packs.
Upon first glance, I wanted to keep the packs sealed which is what I do with a lot of my non-sport packs like these, but with my finances and ripping urges, I saw packs that I needed to open. 

So, I did, and it was fun.
Kung Fu Panda pack had these base cards.

And it's one-per-pack sparkly sticker as it says on the front of the pack. I think the sticker looks super cool. This looks better than most inserts from today.

The back of the sticker made me chuckle which is why I had to post it. Read the fortune cookie.... :)

Then came the Shrek pack. I really liked the entire Shrek saga, especially the hidden adult content.
The base cards.

Another base card, but subset. I kept this one by itself because who doesn't feel like the Gingerbread man (Gingy) some days. "Bite Me!"

And to my surprise, the final card was this 1:17 pack pull of Fiona's Fairytale 5. Not bad!!

I would definitely open a few more of both packs! And maybe keep one sealed of each as well.

Well that was a lot of fun. The cards, the oddball findings and the packs. Thanks again Oren!!!

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I look forward to doing more trades with Oren, who says he has a big stack of mystery for me. All of which I am sure is on point.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. Don't forget to drink your coffee and take in all of that pumpkin spice.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

3 comments:

  1. Hey Matt,
    The Batman cards were originally inside comics called Batman: Three Jokers.
    Was cool to see you pull an insert in the Shrek pack, and glad to help with a Giants auto need!
    Right there with you as the Bulls being a team I despised as a kid in the 90s, but metal inserts are usually sweet.
    Enjoy the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info on those! I had never seen them before

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!