Sunday, October 8, 2023

Unfinished Cup:1991 Impel Laffs

Okay...so today's edition of Unfinished Cup was once a Finished Cup.

That's until this afternoon.

When trying to transfer my set on a sorting tray from room to room, the tray broke apart and my set of 1991 Laffs hit the floor like a rock. Except it was more like slow motion as my face watched them, like a cup of coffee spilling slowly like on the Bounty commercials, drop to the floor by their corners as I shouted nooooooooooooooooooooo.

My wife could hear me from the other room, she knew it wasn't good.

I dropped to my knees immediately trying to recover the set hoping that none or not too many got damaged on their trip down to the ground.

The good news is that most were safe, bad news was that some were not.

So, now I come on here seeking help to fill in the gaps of the damaged ones.

 
Which includes card number 1, Bob Saget. You can see from my picture the top left corner saw the floor hard on this card. Some others are worse.

And those cards are,
1,4,30,31,32,33 and 53. 

Which isn't too bad knowing all 80 from the set fell to the ground, but still, they shouldn't have.

The damaged cards are fillers in the set for now until I get them replaced. My hobby OCD cannot allow a card set to be completed with damaged cards.

If any of you have my needs, please let me know! Comment below or email me at sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com.

Thank you!

Side note, if you don't know about the 1991 Impel Laffs set, the 80-card base set is built up of three TV shows from TGIF in the 90's. It starts out with Full House, moves to Family Matters and finishes up with Perfect Strangers. All three excellent shows.

Hope you have had a better Sunday than I have had, with the Giants losing again and this card tray fiasco, it's been a tough one. Not to mention waking up to a cup of coffee full of grounds.

Here's to a better Monday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

3 comments:

  1. I can use one of the damaged ones for my type card collection when I get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel for you. I have tremors in my hands and I sometimes uncontrolled things happen. I drop things. I sometimes throw things. It's something I can't control. When I'm doing things with cards it always involves my hands. I have damaged multiple cards. I hope you can find replacement cards soon. I'm sorry, but I don't have any cards from that set.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!