Monday, October 9, 2023

90's On The 9th:1995 Score Football AD Redeemed Card Steve Young

*sits down and turns on some Hootie And The Blowfish, it's 90's day on Cards Over Coffee*

1995 was a great year in my hobby life. 

It was the first year I really started to dig deeper into collecting from when I started in 1993. I was also falling in love with sports more and moving away from childhood toys.

One of the products I opened the most and was able to find the easiest was 1995 Score football. It was a product that caught the attention of this 12-year-old at the time.

However, since I found most of my cards at the local grocery store, I never heard about a promotion that Score was running at the time.

I guess they made intentional errors for one of their Pinnacle print ads and gave away a foil Steve Young card for those who identified all of the errors. This contest ran throughout the 1995 and was the third part following two baseball versions.

I only recently discovered the card when someone posted it on Twitter via a @CardPurchaser thread for sale, overpriced of course. So, I did my research wanting this card and found out the background info on it and landed a copy for less than $2. That's my kind of pricing.
  
The card looks superb in person more than it did when I saw it on Twitter.

 
The card number is AD3 which stands for AD Three. Pretty easy to figure that out without using my Diagnosis Murder detective skills. (if you didn't get this 90's show reference, check it out)

It's always amazes me how Social Media and other blogs can help you discover cards you never knew existed and leads you to wanting. I still have a list I need to add of ones I need.

I am not sure if I will chase down the baseball versions of this promotion or not. One of the players I found was Alex Rodriguez from another 1995 Pinnacle product.

*takes a sip, turns on another song and gets ready to close out today's post*

I know this segment doesn't get a lot of views, but I enjoy going back and taking a look at these cards from my favorite era of collecting. I am also hoping some of you will post your own #90sOnThe9th on Social Media and your blogs. Let's make this a thing. Use the hashtag too!

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. The more I read, the more I learn. Monday coffee is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like hearing I am showing off and teaching something new

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!