Thursday, October 26, 2023

Surprised With Goodies

*sits down with a big bubbler from a surprise mail day that arrived*

*saw where the surprise came from knew it was going to be good*

*takes a sip of nearby coffee*

*takes another*

*slowly opens up the package and begins to dig through the impressive mail day. sorts it out, takes pictures, uploads and then begins to type*

I have been averaging roughly one mail day per week, but last week I had four arrive on the same day. Not just a single card PWE either, these were actual packages.

One of those mail days was an unexpected surprise from Dennis from Too Many Verlanders Blog, who usually lets me know when something is coming so I had no idea what this was.

That answer came after I opened it, and I was awestruck.

First, there was oversized cards from players I collect.

Two oversized Kerry Collins.

Oversized Super Bowl Showdowns featuring Super Bowl winner Phil Simms.

Then came offerings from my main three PC's. Starting off with some non-sport,
A stack of Batman which should help my base set chase, though I am still miles away.

 
A fun mix of singers and actors here.

An opened pack of Gunsmoke, but I kept the cards in it so I wouldn't ruin them or ruin the packaging further. This is a unique add.

TMNT! Still need a ton of this base set and the other movie/cartoon cards.

90210, I used to watch this with my grandmother occasionally. I can feel the 90's screaming at me.

X-Men movie cards.

Country Gold cards. There was a decent stack of these as well. Landed a few of the ones I wanted including Hank Williams Jr, but still missing Shania Twain as my most wanted from this set.

The next card was one I claimed from one of his posts. It's not so much for the Giambi aspect as it is the 90's parallel aspect. Beautiful card.

Then came a decent sized stack of Giants, the others I will need to double check to see if I have (I also didn't have enough space on this post to post everything) but these ones for sure I didn't. I really like the Cruz pink especially for October and Breast Cancer Awareness month.

And I am not sure about this, but I think that Dennis must have checked my wants on TCDB and landed me a new relic for my Eli collection. I will have to update numbers again soon on him. But, in order for you to see those, you will need to read Big Blue Cardboard, my NY Giants card blog.

I will always take and welcome Plaxico Burress autographs, in a Giants uniform. He ranks up there as one of my all-time favorite Giants receivers and he also was a big reason why they went on a run and won Super Bowl 42.

The next card is another nice addition to the Andre Williams collection. Nice patch card that I don't have.

And the final card in this mail day is a new one for the non-sport relic collection, a Erik Estrada swatch. I didn't have a relic or autograph of the former CHiPs star so one item down, another to go.

Thanks again to the exceptional Dennis for this mail day. I really enjoyed every part of it.

*bows towards computer to Dennis*

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

This mail day was definitely loaded with lots of great stuff. The only thing missing was coffee I could drink as I sorted through it. But, I took care of that on my end.

Not sure if you can send coffee brewed.

*takes a sip*

*finishes up post*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Nice variety of cards. I have quite a few Non-sport cards on my FSFT list on TCDb. There are a few TMNT cards in that group. Please check them out if you would like to. Sending brewed coffee? Maybe in a carton of some kind. Time for a refill. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to find you. What's your name on there, I am SCC

      Delete
  2. Some good stuff. I just got an envelope from Dennis today, haven't had a chance to open it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume by now you must have. I don't think I have missed a post yet with the contents.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!