Tuesday, April 9, 2024

90's On The 9th: 1995 Pro Line Autograph Jeff Blake

You didn't think I would miss anything with the 90's did you?

Here is a late coffee-less edition of 90's On The 9th.

*yawns, but tries to get this accomplished*

Tonight, I am taking a trip back to 1995 and checking out the Pro Line Classic autographs. As I have said many times on here, 1995 was my big year in the hobby as I became deeply involved into it.

I was fortunate to open a good amount of this product in 1995 and even pulled my very first autograph card from it in Mike Mamula. The autographs fell one-per-box and there were over 120 to collect. I know this number because I am trying to do the impossible and chase this set myself. So far, I have roughly 25-30ish towards my chase.
Jeff Blake is one of my favorite adds so far.  He played for seven teams in his NFL career most notably with the Bengals. I think this card is considered his autograph rookie even though he played for the Jets prior to arriving to the Bengals.

I have always liked the card fronts for these autographs since they feature action photography and on card autographs. We don't see action photography autos anymore.

 
The back of the card features a small write up which is kind of lame, maybe this is where Panini gets it from :)

If you are curious on my chase or have some of these I don't, see my checklist HERE. Let me know in comments if you can help!

*yawns before finishing up tonight's post*

So far this segment has been disappointing in terms of views, comments and lack of interactions. I may not continue it much longer. But, if you would like to join in on the fun for 90's On The 9th to keep it going, there is still time. Just post a card on your blog or on social media tagging me and remember to use the hashtag #90son9th.

Hope everyone has a great night sleep. I am heading to bed now so I can wake up for some coffee.

*yawns again*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

7 comments:

  1. Coffee in the morning is ready to go. Just need to add the water and let the brewer do the rest. I don't have any of those auto cards. If I did, I would send them your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a timer on my coffee maker anymore, I have to load it the night before and hit brew the next morning.

      Delete
  2. Shake 'N Blake! This set is a Classic (wink, wink, nod, nod), and I think it's really cool that someone is still chasing it in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Enjoying the puns. Only I would choose to chase something obscure but it'd fun, that's what matters!

      Delete
  3. As a big fan of cards from the 90's... I really like this theme. I'd join in on the blogging fun if I had any sort of blogging routine. But right now... my posts are very sporadic.

    P.S. Love the set. Love the Blake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully some others will join in!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!