Monday, April 8, 2024

Total Eclipse On This Card

Today is the Super Bowl for NASA scientists as the world awaits a total eclipse.

Where I live is supposedly is a sweet spot to see this event that will take place this afternoon. They are closing schools early and warning people to be careful on the roads as 100,000 extra people are expected to arrive in the state. Could block traffic for hours. Figures my wife works late on Monday's.

I am not sure if I will chance and witness the event or not, really hard to trust staring at the sun even with the glasses on. Even though it will be 2044 before the next one comes and I may not be here by then.

But I will have at least my coffee and see it from the inside of my house.

*takes a sip*
Speaking of the Total Solar Eclipse, in 2018 Topps included the "Total Solar Eclipse" rookie card in its 2018 Allen and Ginter Product. To me, it looks like my coffee mug filled before I stir the creamer.

Back of the card discussed the last Total Solar Eclipse which took place in 2017.

In comments today, let me know if you will be viewing today's event.

And don't forget to wear your protective sunglasses. I don't want you to go blind....and you will miss all new posts as well.

*takes another closing sip*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

10 comments:

  1. Going to give it a shot. I work nights and I'm usually asleep at that time, but they said Chicago will have clear skies and 95% coverage, so it should be worth it. Hope you get to see it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cloudy and raining here in Central Minnesota. I'm not in the main path of it, but it would still be neat to see it. I remember the 2017 eclipse and I don't think it came with all the hype. More coffee? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it didn't. For some reason this one was on hype level 10

      Delete
  3. 100% totality here! People up and down the street with out-of-state licenses, some speaking in foreign languages, all day (we're near the park where there are festivities). I plan to step out to the backyard to view it. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did. And the traffic was certainly as bad as they said it would be. I did end up viewing it.

      Delete
  4. 100% totality here in Indiana as well. We were right in the sweet spot. I was fortunate to be able to work from home and had a great outdoor lunch with my two sons. Youngest is a huge space fan so he loved it. What was super creepy was the 10 degree temperature drop we had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That was the odd part for me. It got cold and cold fast!

      Delete
  5. I checked it out. I'd say the moon covered about 15 to 20% of the sun from our point of view. It was still pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a pretty great view, it got pretty dark out as well.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!