Monday, April 29, 2024

Parks And Recreation

It's been over a week since the last post on here, I suppose it's time for some Cards and some Coffee.

I have both next to me, so let's get this party going!

*takes a sip*

I get a lot of TV show suggestions time after time and most of them don't hit home. One of those in particular is The Office. I just can't get into it even though it's loved by all.

However, another show with the same kind of premise, I recently really got into recently.

That show is Parks and Recreation. 

The show ran for 7 seasons from 2009-2015 and takes place in a Parks and Recreation office led by Leslie Knope who is played by Amy Poehler. The cast is really solid and works well together as you watch relationships build and the comedy rolls on with the situations they are placed in. Along with Poehler, the cast consists of Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Rob Lowe, Aubrey Plaza and Chris Pratt to name a few. There were also some guest stars as well.

So far, I have only made it halfway through season 2, so no spoilers in comments please! But I have enjoyed every episode all the way from the start.

*takes a sip, thinks about putting on an episode while typing this up but knows the article won't get done if that was the case*

*takes another sip*

After getting into the show, I remembered that back in 2013 Press Pass created a Parks and Recreation card set. I wasn't into the show then when I opened a box and had no idea who or what the show was, but now I do and now I want the cards.

So, a chase happened.

I do have a couple autographs and relics I will show another time, but I wanted to chase the base set and silver parallel set as well.

After weeks of posting on Twitter that I was looking for said sets, I finally had someone replied and we pulled off a trade.

Included in my portion of the trade was an almost complete base set, missing card #6.

 


And roughly an almost complete silver parallel set. I will have to write those numbers down sometime.
 

 

 

I will have to do an Unfinished Cup at some point on this set.

If any of you have any kicking around and want to check in with what I need, just drop me an email at sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com.

Thanks again to @wolf_and_saint for the trade. I hope you enjoyed what I sent as much as I enjoyed what you sent.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I have also gotten a few other mail days recently as well and will be posting those soon too along with a few other special posts.

Hope everyone has been drinking their coffee during my hiatus on here and saying cheers while waiting for my return.

Have a great Monday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. I'm not much help here. Never seen the show and have never had any cards from it either. I can enjoy a cup of coffee. Good to see a post from you again. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like The Office is one of those shows where you love it or you don't. It still gets brought up at the lunch table a couple times a year and there's always at least one teacher who says they couldn't get into it.

    Best of luck on your Parks & Recreation sets! I've watched a few episodes (maybe 10). At some point I need to give it a shot again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might give the office another go after this. I did the same thing with seinfeld then really liked it

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!