Friday, April 5, 2024

Coffee With Karen Gillian

Coffee is ready and I have a card as hot as my coffee.

Hoping you are sitting down for the newest #CardsOverCoffee.

*takes a sip*


If you read any of my blog posts in 2023, you would have seen that I have grown into quite the Marvel fan watching almost every movie last summer.

One of my favorite franchises in the Marvel movie series was Guardians Of The Galaxy. The mix of humor, action and some incredible scenery caught my attention.

Which is why I started collecting the cards from the movie, especially of Nebula who is one of my favorite characters from the films. I also like Star Lord and Drax.

Nebula is the adopted daughter of Thanos, the main villain of the Avengers series. Nebula was originally a supervillain who fought against the Avengers, but later joined the Guardians of the Galaxy to fight against evil including Thanos.

In the movie, Nebula is portrayed by Karen Gillian who I knew previously from the new Jumanji movies. Which I really enjoyed those movies as well and can quote from them.

So, I have been wanting to add her autograph to my collection as a centerpiece for my Nebula PC (and because of Jumanji) and finally found someone on Twitter who had one for trade.
@BeantownChris91 posted this card for sale on the weekly non-sport thread hosted by @TGNCards. Not having any funds, I inquired about the card to see if there was any chance of a trade which he was happy to do.

With a blink of an eye, I was able to add this to my collection.
Back of the card.

Thanks to @BeantownChris91 for the smooth easy trade transaction.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

There are still other autographs I would love to add to my collection from the Guardians, but the prices are out of my range, and I don't ever find too many people who have them for trade.

But as I learned with this Nebula add, it doesn't hurt to keep chasing because maybe you will catch a break.

*takes another sip*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

9 comments:

  1. Great card! Nebula has one of the best character arcs of any of the Marvel movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be able to trade for cards. That's how I'm trying to finish up a 2019 Topps Heritage Baseball set. Not my area of interest, but I do have quite a few of the Marvel cards and other similar ones from the '90s in my FSFT list on TCDb. Two more sips to go. Empty!! Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked all of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Like you pointed out... a great mix of comedy and action. As for Nebula... she has a very cool story arc. Congratulations on adding an autograph of Gillian to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great trade! I miss the days where non-sports cards were readily available for purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!