Friday, August 26, 2022

The Funk

*a small pile of cards are nearby, laptop is open, cinnamon raisin bagel and coffee ready as well. it's time for some cards over coffee*

My internet is back finally, however, life has been crazy busy, so I haven't had a lot of time to do "card stuff" including blogging. Despite having sometime today to finally sit down and blog though, it is taking me a lot to do it. I have been feeling a little bit of funk with blogging and wanting to do it.

It's just so much work.

Uploading photos, downloading photos, then once again uploading said photos to the blog. Having to sit down and actually type up a post is about an hour. In all, it takes me roughly two hours to complete one post and to have some pictures ready for another post. That's a lot of time spent on something I don't get paid for and a lot of the times, barely get views on.

But here I am anyways spending some more of my spare time typing. I don't know why, but just felt led to do so today. Maybe it will free me from my funk but I mainly think it's because I havee mail days to catch up on and thank yous that are owed.

*takes a sip before moving on with the mail day post*

Despite the funk I have been in, the lack of internet and the busyness, I have gotten some pretty cool mail days the last few weeks.

One of those came from Blog Reader Oren who passed along some really appealing cards in our last trade.
If you have read this blog, you would know how much of a Fleer Metal fanatic I am. Even though the 1995 brand isn't nearly as cool as the later brands when it switched to Metal Universe, I still dig em.

This is another card from that set, but a parallel/insert called Silver Flasher of a flashy kind of thrower in Brett Favre. I remember watching an interview with his receivers where they were saying how hard and fast he threw and how much their hands hurt.

 
Speaking of Favre, this one isn't 90's, but cool designed Favre is always welcomed. I actually have a decent sized Brett collection. It's not even on purpose so now I just call it a side, side PC.

Inserts from the 90's, YES PLEASE! This is a 1995 Playoff Prime Fantasy Team that is acetate but has cool writing in the background.

1996 Laserview is a set I am chasing, I think this Neil O'Donnell is a new one towards it.

Same for these 1995 Stadium Club PowerSurge. What a cool card when you turn the card at certain angles.

Flair always had some nice looking inserts in the 90's

The iconic ZTeams of the 90's! I completed the 1996 version, just stared the 1995. I am now only two cards in haha. My hope is to complete the 1995 and 1997.

 
And finally, it's not often you can find new Giants cards for my collection, but when you do, it's from the 90's. Despite my love of that era and my Giants, for some reason other than Rodney Hampton, my overall collection lacks a lot of the combination of the two.

Thanks again to Oren for the Trade!

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am hoping to at least put another new post up for tomorrow for another mail day I haven't gotten around to posting yet. 

I was also hopeful that today's post, as I forced myself through it, would maybe get me out of my funk a little but it hasn't. Maybe tomorrow's post I will find the inspiration to blog more again. 

Let's hope.

Thoughts on my mail day and if you have ever hit the blogging funk welcomed in comments.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a blogger, but get into down times occasionally. I have things that pick me up and reading your blog is one of them. I try to be an encouragement to others, but it is not always easy. Keep going forward and put positives into others. We don't always see the results, but they are there. Cards and coffee? Yes I'll take both. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the cards! I'll be on the lookout for more Z team cards for your set. As for the funk, I can see how spending two hours in a post can feel overwhelming or draining, but it is appreciated. Love having that moment in my day to check out blogs, and cards over coffee is certainly a favorite of mine [and I don't even drink coffee lol].

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in a blogging funk right now. Just not enough hours in the day to work, live life, rest, and blog. But I'm gonna try to write something this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!