Saturday, June 19, 2021

Unfiltered Review:2021 Parkside NWSL Trading Card Box

*takes a sip, the smell of coffee and turnovers fill the air with a day of hope. Well, hope that I am fed and coffee filled*

I am a fan of trying new things, well, sometimes. If you want me to try a pizza with anchovies, your out of your mind. But, within reason, I am fairly flexible and will break outside of my normal zone.

Especially when it comes to the hobby. I am always willing to try something new.

That's how I felt about the latest product from Parkside.

The National Women's Soccer League cards came out in May and intrigued me especially when I saw it was headlined by Megan Rapinoe. I really enjoyed the last Parkside product I was able to open in the 2020 Parkside Negro Leagues Centennial Draft Class, so I figured this one would be just as good.

*takes a sip, begins to rip*

Each of the 2021 Parkside NWSL Trading Card Boxes comes with 25 cards which should break down to the following, 
  • 20 Base Cards
  • 2 Parallels
  • 3 Inserts
And there are also chances at autographs and rare inserts with each box running you about $9.99-$15. They are currently sold out on the Parkside website but should be available on eBay and other retailers.

*takes another sip, slowly anticipates the turnovers coming out of the oven*

The base set for 2021 Parkside NWSL Trading Cards is built up of 200 stars of the league.
With most coming with some strong action photography. If I ever tried to do this move by Ashley Sanchez I would probably throw my back out and tear my other ACL.

The back of the card is pretty cool. Gives position, number, team, their social media handle along with a scanner to see their statistics. That's a first for me that I have seen.

Here's rest of the base I found in my break,




There are also tough-to-find base card variations that I don't know how to determine, yet. They are limited to 100 for a group of players. So I may have one and not know it.

*takes a sip before moving onto parallels*

There are a few parallels to find in the product as well. 

You can find the following, Foil limited to 1,400 copies, Black/White limited to 700 copies, and Chromes that are 1/1.

Both of these are the foils which feature a touch of foil over the bottom of the card where their names are.

 
And this is a black and white parallel. I really like the look of this card with the photography as well.

*another sip, turnovers are ready. Now to let them cool*

There are 5 different inserts to find. Some more rare than others.
I pulled Hyped which falls 1:4 boxes. It has a really cool design along with a nice touch of foil.


The next one I found is a Vintage which falls 1 per box.


And yes, it's as magnificent as it looks. It truly feels like a vintage card or one of those you left on your bike spikes too long. It also features one of the best players as well.

There are also tougher pulls in Cityscapes 1:100 boxes and Americana Mini Card which is 1:300 boxes.

*takes a sip before finishing up*

I think the risk/reward factor with these works out pretty well especially if you are a big soccer fan. The base cards look crisp, the parallels especially Black and White are solid and the inserts would make for a fun chase to land the tougher-to-find ones.

Let me know your thoughts in comments below!

*takes one more sip, bite of turnover, Coffee Card Blogger Out!*

12 comments:

  1. I'm not the biggest soccer fan... but I do enjoy attending SJ Earthquakes games and watching the World Cups. I hope Parkside made an Alex Morgan trading card. If they did, I'd probably chase it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they do, at least yet

      Delete
    2. There is an Alex Morgan base card and she is in one of the insert sets as well.

      Delete
    3. Good to hear. I'll have to track them down.

      Delete
  2. Not something I would buy, but thanks for showing off the cards! Looks like you got a double in your base card stack...that's always no good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that part was disappointing. You would think quality control would catch that

      Delete
  3. I picked up a box as well and don't think I pulled any variations either. And I love the Vintage inserts. They are awesome. I like the look of the Hyped cards. Wish I had pulled one. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think this company did a great job with these

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!