Friday, June 4, 2021

The Firsts Of 2021

*coffee is ready, cards are on the table for pictures which means it's time for some cards over coffee either that it's time for me risking spilling coffee on them. I prefer a post.*

Even though I didn't set any collecting hobby goals for 2021, there are still certain firsts I look forward to accomplishing every year.

The list of those firsts are the following,
  • The first major sort. Every year I collect a stack of cards until they fill a 1,000 count box, then I start to break it down and sort it out. This year I have filled two of those boxes thanks to random mail days and a trade with my father that just about filled one up. I plan to post that trade on here.
  • The first big trade with each of "My Big Three". On Twitter, I have three guys in Shane, @90sNicheFBCard and @CardpocalypseNC that I do some pretty massive trades with every year. Most of the time we pull off two big trades a year. This year I am slacking on my end with pulling stuff -mainly because of not completing my first major sort-in doing my first major trade with each. I have done my first already with @90sNicheFBCard but am lacking with the other two. My goal is to get those done soon before June ends.
  • The first rookie cards of 2021. This one I have accomplished for all sports, well not hockey. But, hockey isn't really a goal anymore. Yes, pun intended.
  • And the first 2021 NY Giants cards, including rookies, of the year. This is currently my big chase.
*takes a sip, then continues on*

2020 football card season didn't quite have a draw on me as much as 2021 will. The 2020 Giants selected an offensive lineman in the first round and the rest was defense heavy. I try to get at least a card of each player regardless, but when it comes to chasing that type of draft, I typically don't. This year though, the Giants drafted WR Kadarius Toney in the first round and RB Gary Brightwell in the 6th round which gives me two players to chase this season. So I am pumped about upcoming releases to hopefully score a decent stack of these guys before the season starts.

So far this year, it's been college/no logo heavy early releases in Sage Draft, Leaf Draft, Onyx, and Panini Contenders Draft. Just recently did we finally get some NFL/draft releases in Score and Legacy which are the only two products to include new cards of NFL Veterans in actual NFL uniforms.

I have had no luck in finding Legacy, but I was able to find some Score, which has a good handful of Giants base cards to score. Yes, another pun intended.

Here are the ones I was chasing,

60 Daniel Jones – New York Giants
61 Michael Strahan – New York Giants
62 Saquon Barkley – New York Giants
63 Darius Slayton – New York Giants
64 Blake Martinez – New York Giants
65 Sterling Shepard – New York Giants
66 Golden Tate III – New York Giants
67 James Bradberry – New York Giants
68 Evan Engram – New York Giants
Ladarius Toney
Azeez Ojulari

Here is what I cut it down to,

60 Daniel Jones – New York Giants
61 Michael Strahan – New York Giants
62 Saquon Barkley – New York Giants
63 Darius Slayton – New York Giants
64 Blake Martinez – New York Giants
65 Sterling Shepard – New York Giants

66 Golden Tate III – New York Giants
67 James Bradberry – New York Giants
68 Evan Engram – New York Giants
Ladarius Toney
Azeez Ojulari

There were also some Giants inserts in 2021 Score I will be pursuing and landed a few of as well, but to get the ground running, the base comes first.

Here is the full gallery of what I have landed thus far,


(My first Giants card of him as Panini featured him in Packers gear in all of their 2020 products he was included in.)





(I think I have 3 of these now)

And another first I haven't mentioned, I also chase the first 2021 Giants draft class autographs. Last year I had quite a few gaps and still do, but this year I started at the top.....

 
Kadarius Toney autograph from Onyx. I had looked at quite a few from Score, but they were all $30 plus. This one I traded for from a buddy who snagged it for half of that.

There is still a long football card season ahead and I will have much to chase.

*takes a sip before closing up today's post*

I not only have a list of hobby firsts I like to complete, I also have a list of Coffee Firsts as well.

They are the following, 
  • The First Hot Mocha
  • The First Iced Coffee
  • The First New Flavor Try
  • The First Non Coffee Drink
  • The First Pumpkin Flavored Coffee (fall)
  • The First Mint Flavored Coffee (winter)
So far, I have accomplished the following,
  • The First Hot Mocha
  • The First Iced Coffee
  • The First New Flavor Try
  • The First Non Coffee Drink
  • The First Pumpkin Flavored Coffee (fall)
  • The First Mint Flavored Coffee (winter)
I am off to a roaring start with my Coffee Firsts. Two I can't even accomplish until later on this year and technically that third one could fall under that category as well.

I would enjoy to hear if any of you set any Firsts like this as well. Leave them in the comments. Hope everyone has a great rest of their day.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. I don't keep track of yearly firsts, sorry, too much work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! I probably forgot others haha

      Delete
  2. The First Hot Mocha - Check
    The First Iced Coffee - Check
    The First New Flavor Try - Check (Chocolate Fudge Nespresso)
    The First Non Coffee Drink - Check (green tea)
    The First Pumpkin Flavored Coffee (fall) - Check
    The First Mint Flavored Coffee (winter) - Check

    I'm pretty sure I crossed all of these off back in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FIRST Matthew Boyd card. ☑️

    FIRST Non-Coffee Drink- Mountain Dew. ☑️

    Don't drink Coffee. ❌



    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss drinking Mountain Dew. But, not allowed to have caffeine anymore

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!