Friday, June 18, 2021

Coffee Break:2020 Absolute Football Value Pack

*takes a sip, well after scooping out some sneaky coffee grounds out first that were floating. Hopefully today's pack break goes better than my first cup of coffee is so far*

It's another sunny day and it appears we will be heading towards really warm weather again. For us, really warm weather is in the 80's. The higher the 80's it gets, the more we really start to feel the heat here. Unlike Phoenix, where I see temperatures can reach 117 degrees. Not sure how anyone can live there. If you do and are reading this, tell me how you survive.

Speaking of heat, I haven't had a lot of that recently for these coffee breaks. I am hoping today's pack will turn things around.

*takes a sip, begins to rip*

Each Value pack of 2020 Absolute football comes with 20 cards and usually a few parallels. Packs run $5.98. So it's a cheap pack risk.

The base set built up of 200 cards split evenly between rookies and veterans.

The base set offers up the following parallels, 
PARALLEL CARDS: Printing Plates 1/1.
SPECTRUM PARALLELS: Base Spectrum, Red /100, Orange /75, Blue /50, Green /25, Gold /10, Purple /5,and Black 1/1.
RETAIL PARALLELS: Blue, Green, Yellow, Red Squares /199, Orange Mosaic /149, Blue Diamonds /75, Green Waves /35, Gold Stars /10, Purple Rain /5, and Black Galaxy 1/1.

I have seen some of those Spectrum parallels and they shine like a new coffee mug. I wonder if they make any refractor looking mugs...hmmm....

Absolute offers a variety of foil inserts for rookies-veterans-legends. There 6 different inserts to chase overall. Of course none bigger than the rare Kabooms that I feel I will never pull. 

Inserts have the following parallels, Red /100, Orange /75, Blue /50, Green /25, Gold /10, Purple /5, and Black 1/1.

When it comes to hits, Absolute has and always been packed. There is always a nice variety of what kind of hits you can find from rookies to legends to swatches of jerseys to swatches of helmets. Absolute has always been a fan favorite of mine.

Let's see how lucky I got with today's break:

*takes a sip, begins to rip*







 

*takes a sip before closing up today's post*

I couldn't really have asked for more with today's break. Found a Burrow, Claypool and a few solid names in base and inserts. Would I call this break as hot as Phoenix? No, not by any means. It was warm though, probably similar to today's temps heading to the 80's.

Until next time, have a great day everyone.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

2 comments:

  1. Absolute was the only Football set I saw at retail last year. Unfortunately, I didn't buy a pack since I had to choose between it and a baseball release. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you made the right choice. Absolute retail isn't great

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!