Monday, June 7, 2021

Get To Know Your Blogger: Favorite DC Superhero

*sits down with a full hot cup of joe in hand and is ready for a new Cards Over Coffee post*

I believe we all have a favorite superhero. Whether that's when we were growing up or now or both. It's probably the one common ground we all have...other than coffee.

I like a few from both from the DC and Marvel universes but none more than the one featured today, my favorite all-time Superhero is Batman.

*takes a sip*

Batman isn't like other superheroes. He wasn't born with some special ability or created in some lab, he is a average person-other than being super wealthy-who uses intellect, high tech gadgets and martial art skills to avenge the loss of his parents by taking crime down.

I can't pinpoint why I chose Batman as my favorite, I think it's a combination of his batsuit and the super cool villains and gadgets. I do know my origins of my Batman frenzy began with the 1989 movie Batman then grew from there. It expanded even more so when Batman Returns released in 1992 followed by Batman The Animated Series which ranks in my Top 5 favorite cartoons all-time.

*takes a sip, gets to the card portion of today's post*

When it comes to collecting Batman, I don't have much in the way of cardboard. I do have a few cards from my wife's uncle who gave me his entire card collection which was mainly non sports. There was one binder which included a few pages of the Topps 1966 Batman card release.

Both of these cards, which were sent by reader Oren, are examples of the design for the cards that year. There were five sets produced by Topps because of the popularity of the show by Adam West and Burt Ward.

Other Batman cards I have, are a few from 1995 Fleer Metal Batman Forever and a couple cards from Stadium Club Batman Returns. I would obviously like to expand my card collection of The Dark Knight.

*takes a sip before closing up today's post*

The original movies, despite how corny Batman Forever and Batman&Robin were, will always have a special place in my Batman world. I never thought they would/could be beaten until I saw Christopher Nolan's take on Batman in The Dark Knight trilogy. I went and saw all three of those films in the theater with my Mother-In-Law. If that alone doesn't show my fandom, nothing else will. Imagine walking into the theaters with someone twice your age, getting snacks together and sitting down next to each other and the kind of looks you get. A little uncomfortable, but I did it for you Batman.

One day my dream would be to add a Burt Ward and Adam West autograph card to the collection. But, for now I hope I can add more of the cheaper cards and sets.

In comments, would like to hear your favorite DC Superhero and which Batman movie was your favorite if you have one.

*takes another sip thinking about breakfast, Coffee Card Blogger Out*

13 comments:

  1. Man, that "Snaring The Sheik" card. As far as I can tell, that's not even a real character, it's just a random Middle Eastern dude. (There was one comic with a bad guy called "Sheikh", but that was later.)

    Green Lantern is my favorite character--Hal Jordan, to be specific, although I also dug the Green Lanterns of other worlds such as Arkiss Chummick and Katma Tui. The best Batman movie is, of course, The Dark Knight--I hated the 1989 Batman movie but I loves me the Christopher Nolan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some random Middle Eastern dude who's attacking Batman, thus making him an enemy who needs to be "snared".

      Delete
  2. Well, for DC it's Batman, but my favorite Superhero is Spiderman.

    The 1966 Batman movie will always be my favorite, followed by Michael Keaton in the 1989 Batman movie.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I will reveal my marvel one soon to!

      Delete
  3. I'm a Marvel fan more than DC, but I've always thought DC had better villains. That's why I'm picking the Riddler as my favorite character. I love riddles, and his whole theme of using them to challenge Batman was great.

    The original Adam West Batman movie will always be the best, at least until one of the modern ones show Batman using shark repellent or running around a pier with a bomb over his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By far DC has the better villains. Always thought that marvel copied some lol

      Delete
  4. Have to agree with your DC choice. I used to like the Flash as well. All my comics are from the 70s and 80s before they revamped both universes twice.
    Was more of a Marvel fan - loved Spidey, Iron Man and Deathlok.

    The TV Robin was played by Burt Ward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks for catching my error. I know it was Burt Ward but must have had nascar on my mind lol

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty sure I have a box of those Stadium Club Batman cards from a Craigslist collection I purchased years ago. Problem is... they're probably all stuck together.

    I really like the CW Green Arrow character. When I was a kid, I loved watching Super Friends and liked it when Green Lantern made appearances. These days, I guess Batman would be my favorite DC character... mainly because I like the movies. I enjoyed the Michael Keaton Batman movie... but the Dark Knight trilogy with Christian Bale are my favorites.

    As for Marvel... I love the MCU stuff. Not sure who my favorite character is though. Maybe Black Panther. Outside of the MCU... I'd say Wolverine and Deadpool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, figures those kind of cards have to stick together

      Delete
  6. Batman Dark Knight is my favorite. That one is hard to beat. Green Lantern and Firestorm are my favorite DC characters. In Marvel it's Falcon and the original Captain Marvel. Love comic trading cards. Still have some of the 90s sets. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those dark knight movies are hard to beat!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!