Sunday, January 9, 2022

I Wanna Be Like....Chad

*takes a sip, coffee is very hot this morning. I guess it will pair well with today's card then. takes a seat with laptop raring to go, coffee and card off to the left. time for some Cards Over Coffee*

Growing up we all had a role model we wanted to be. When I was growing up, you always saw Michael Jordan plastered everywhere you went including cereal boxes, posters, shoes, magazines, commercials, movies, etc. The song/phrase "I Wanna Be Like Mike" was a thing as everyone wanted to be the GOAT of the NBA. I must also note, there was plenty of Ken Griffey Jr plastered around as well who I had taken to and not Jordan.

As an adult, I think we have people to look up to as well. "Adult Role Models" are a different kind from the ones we grow up seeing. They are the ones who you look at and say, "What an incredible person to do what they did for another."

Now, these people don't have their own Gatorade line or are seen on commercials as they do what they do quietly. But, I think it's important that we occasionally give those who give back some recognition.

*takes a sip*

Recently, a card was posted for sale on Twitter that interested both @ChadBec82312937 and myself. I wasn't going to be able to afford the card and was trying to trade for it. Since Chad was tagged first, I gave him first dibs on the card and what happened afterwards left me speechless.

*takes a sip before moving on with today's post*

Chad ended up claiming the card, but, he chose to send it to me after doing so. It was a really kind gesture that caught me by surprise since we hadn't really ever had any interactions before.

Then a problem arose, the person who had listed it on Twitter, had sold it on eBay before Chad made his claim. As disappointing as that was, I was okay with that.... but Chad was not. He not only let the seller know how he felt, but then messaged me and promised he wasn't going to leave me empty handed. I told him I wasn't worried, but he still insisted and bought me not only the card, but an upgraded version to the one from Twitter.

*takes a sip before showing off the card*
The card on Twitter being sold was a Leaf Pop Century autograph of John Cusack, but a base version that was being sold.

 
Chad really upgraded that version with this green /7!

I wanted the Cusack for my non sport collection as I enjoy some of his films including, 2012 (funny-was the year I started to blog), Sixteen Candles, Serendipity and Identity to name a few.

It just amazes me that someone who you have had barely any interactions with would just go and do that for you. It just boggles my mind and makes me really wish I could do the same for someone else. I guess you can say "I wanna be like Chad."

Which by the way, thanks again @ChadBec82312937. I love the card.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I wanted to take a minute out and say that @ChadBec82312937 isn't the only one out there who gives back. I see it almost every day, people claiming cards for others or getting together and buying someone a card and it just amazes me. With my funding, I don't get the oppurtunity to do fun things like that however I do send people cards without asking for anything in return. It's not quite the same, but for now is my best effort.

*finishes up cup of coffee, starts to look for some breakfast and to brew the next cup*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card. The generosity that floats around the hobby is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!