Sunday, January 30, 2022

Some Cards From Wes

*the coffee is hot, the cards are hotter. takes a sip, gets ready for a new post on #CardsOverCoffee*

I have known Wes, formerly of Jay Barker fan/Area 40 blog, for many years now. We have become good friends, or you can probably call it brothers in that span. He knows many things about me not the average person would know, and I assume the same goes for him.

It's like having a childhood best friend, but from a long distance.

The last couple of years, Wes and I have done a Christmas gift exchange where the other person doesn't know what they are getting. The problem is, having that kind of exchange with the legend of giving, is like Tom Brady in his prime Super Bowl Patriot years vs the Detroit Lions. There is no chance to have the upper hand against Wes. I think many of you guys know this already.

Though this year I did send my biggest mail day to him yet, he still outdid himself and outdid what he sent last year, something I didn't think was possible.

I won't be posting all of the cards from this massive mail day, but I will be posting some of them. So, get your coffee ready, try not to spit it out on whatever screen you are reading this on when you see the cards, and be sitting down. That's how I opened his mail day knowing I could take a tumble.

*takes a sip, begins to show off some cards*

*well, stops, gets up, grabs a bagel, toasts it, puts a thin spread of jalapeƱo cream cheese on and gets back to sitting. takes a sip, a bite, a sip, a bite and tries not to get any on hands. grabs cards, begins to show them off*

Today, I am showing off just a few of the key cards. Some will be for separate posts, some didn't upload into the blog, and there is just too much overall to cover.

The first card was this stunning PSA10 1st Bowman of top Yankee prospect Jasson Dominguez. I don't collect a lot of Yankees anymore, but I have been collecting Aaron Judge, Derek Jeter and Jasson Dominguez still.

The next card I thought I had a ton of copies of but turns out I had none until now. The 1991 Upper Deck Michael Jordan baseball rookie. I don't mention this often, but I do have a side PC of Jordan cards as well. He was simply the best as Tina Turner would have said. No basketball player will ever be as dominant as he was.

Kevin Sorbo autograph. This one was on my needs list for his roles on Hercules TV series and the God's Not Dead movie.

I don't listen to country music but have been collecting the autographs from Panini's Country Music product. Especially the names I have heard of and Atkins falls into that category.

 
The final card of the day is of NFL reporter Chris Mortensen. This was another card on my want list along with John Clayton who I also got in this mail day but didn't get uploaded. Being a huge football fan, I enjoy watching both guys give their insight. Now if only I can land an Adam Schefter autograph.

Thanks again to Wes for these cards. I also hope you were able to keep the coffee in your mouth and not on the screen. 

Also because of Wes I will need to update my overall want list.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I have already begun trying to plan how to outdo what I sent last year to Wes as I am sure he is already working on his end.

Thoughts on my mail day today are welcomed in comments. 

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and God Bless.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Those 1991 Upper Deck Jordans' bring back memories. My friends and I had a stack of them when they came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished I could have found where I stuck the rest of mine

      Delete
  2. Wes is the man! Some of the stuff he sends to us is just insane.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!