Sunday, April 11, 2021

Coffee Break:2021 Topps Opening Day

*warm weather, baseball is underway, and cup of coffee. Does life get any better? Well, it does when the football season kicks off for me. But, this is definitely 1B*

I have never been to Opening Day in my life and have only been to a ballpark four times. But, it doesn't mean I don't celebrate opening day from home the way that most would at the ballpark.

Grilled hot dogs were the agenda for Opening Day this year. I don't know about you, but you have to darken them up a little to fully bring out their full flavor.

And before you ask, I didn't eat all of these to myself :)

Another thing I like to do around Opening Day is to open some Opening Day. Yes, this product isn't for the flippers, but it's for fun. Remember those days??

I didn't find any retail but am glad to at least have this chance to open some hobby.

*takes a sip, begins to rip*

Every hobby box of 2021 Topps Opening Day has 36 packs of 7 cards. Boxes are a little steep this year, once again like every product is, falling at $60 on average. But, it depends where you buy it I suppose. Boxes have no guarantees either.

*takes a sip before digging more into the product*

The base set is built up of 220 cards using the Series 1 design.

This is a great photo.

These are a bit hairy....I mean great as well.

There are some of the top rookies to be had as well and I was impressed to find them all. Though my Bohm sadly had an iffy corner.

*takes another sip, moves onto parallels*

Only two parallels to be found in Opening Day but they are stunners in Blue Foil OD Edition and Opening Day 1-of-1. I absolutely love these blue parallels that put every parallel in Series 1 to shame. They fall 1:9 packs. 

*now onto the inserts*

Mascots fall 1:3 packs. Even though these are in here every year, I never get tired of seeing them.

Legends Of Baseball fall 1:3 packs as well.

Opening Day falls 1:5 packs.

 
Outstanding Opening Day falls 1:8 packs

And my final insert..
At first what I thought was a subset card, turns out to be a Walk This Way insert that falls 1:321 packs!

Not a bad pull!

Usually I am all done with this review but for the first time ever in any Opening Day break I have had...I found a HIT!

Falling at 1:810 packs is Major League Momentos. This one I landed is of Joey Bart.

*takes a sip before finishing up this post and break*

Opening Day was fun. That's really what the product has always been about for both kids and kid adults. I do wish they would bring back the Ballpark foods insert, I really liked those. Maybe I can send in a suggestion or simply send a picture of my hotdog stack and try to get myself into the set. What do you guys think?

*time to get on with the day, Coffee Card blogger out*

Ratings (ratings based on 1-5 🍵 on this break. Ratings are not based on overall product run)

Design 🍵🍵🍵
Photography 🍵🍵🍵
Inserts 🍵🍵
Hits 🍵🍵🍵
Price 🍵🍵
Value 🍵🍵

4 comments:

  1. Sweet Bart! As for hot dogs, I rarely eat them. I think the only time I really buy them is when I attend baseball or soccer games. If I'm gonna barbecue... I'll usually do polish dogs or brats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topps could have done a better centering job on Josh Hader. Looks like the slashes are messing his hair up. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just broke down and bought a hobby box of Opening Day this weekend. I have not opened it yet, but looking forward to seeing what I pull. As an Indians fan, I love that Jose Ramirez card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pulled the same Bart from my pack busting with a big difference . Mine actually has an orange stripe on the right half of the memorabilia/memento card

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!