Thursday, August 8, 2024

Go Go Power Rangers!

*sits down, cards in hand, laptop open and ready for words. coffee brewing and making the room smell heavenly..it's time for Cards Over Coffee*

Every Tuesday, @TGNCards puts up a non-sports Twitter thread which gets a lot of traction weekly. Usually, the thread is made up of a lot of WWE and Star Wars and people looking to sell, but occasionally, I find a diamond in the rough that catches my eye.

@simplycards11 had posted some Mighty Morphin Power Rangers cards available from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie and I was immediately interested. As many of you know, I am a Mighty Morphin geek growing up watching and trying to always be a Power Ranger. 

Ay, Yi, Yii I had to have them!

So, I contacted him, and we quickly made a trade.

Not only was I able to acquire the cards he had posted, but I also landed others and a couple unopened packs too!
This might be a situation where I open one and keep one sealed. This will be apart of a future Throwback Thursday post.

This is the card stack I received. It's a good start towards a set chase but most of the stack I had to acquire my favorite Rangers first.


Tommy is my all-time favorite Ranger both as the Green and White Ranger. RIP Jason David Frank.

My first Crush. You never forget your first. She also looks like this now still.


 
Lord Zedd who is my favorite antagonist of the Rangers. He looks cool and is very powerful.

Thanks again to @simplycards11 for the trade. Hope we can do this again and help get me more cards towards my set.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

One card for this post I have been waiting to show off is this one..
 
Seems like a perfect fit for this blog. It will be featured on the side of the blog like other cards that feature coffee.

Have a great Thursday and have a nice cup of brew with me and Ivan Ooze.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

5 comments:

  1. You must be around the same age as my friend at work. She had a huge crush on the Pink Ranger too. I never watched the show. I think I was born about 10 to 15 years too early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have dry ice in that cup of coffee! I have never watched the show either. Just started a new cup. Have a thoughtful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would like Dry Ice in mine.

      Delete
  3. I don't know if you've ever seen it, but batinthesun did a White Ranger vs. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) video a few years back. It's my favorite of the couple of Power Ranger videos they did.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap8r3AA0PIk

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!