Sunday, August 11, 2024

I Like To Write

I apparently like to write.

For the past few weeks, I have been thinking about all of the writing I have done over the years, not only on this blog but for other websites and how nice it would be to combine it all into one post just in case anyone wanted to check it out and just so I have it all in one place.

I also went back and re-read some of my work. 

One thing I have noticed over the years is that some of my older pieces compared to my newest show my progression in writing and how I think it's gotten better. It may not be pro level, but it's better.

Here are some of my early posts that I did for Bags Unlimited, a card supply company, on their blog Collection Connections.
Sports Boards Review

Here is my one and only published in a magazine Beckett Article that they also put on their website here,
https://www.beckett.com/news/dont-break-these-sports-card-collecting-rules/

Here is a mini-series I wrote for Beckett called Second Look where I took a look back at some fun 80's and 90's cards,

And here is my lone article so far on COMC (Check Out My Cards),

And I also write/written on my other two blogs,
Sport Card Collectors

As long as I can find the time to do so, I don't plan on slowing down on any of this anytime soon. But, as I always say, family first and writing second. Especially since I do this as another hobby and not in it for the money. Though it would be nice to find a job where I write about sport cards all of the time and get paid to do so.

I hope all of you enjoy the above pieces and my other ones to come.

Have a Super Sunday, God Bless.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of writing. Good job! I enjoy writing too... but I think I like the cardboard camaraderie among the card bloggers a little more. Although I'd still write blog posts if nobody read them... I definitely wouldn't put the same amount of time and effort into each of the posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if I could write without knowing people reading them. I need the feedback.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried to get any more articles in Beckett since that first one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than the five I had on the website, no. It was my dream to make it into Beckett and I accomplished it.

      The problem is Beckett is very, very picky on what they accept. I suggested five to ten things before they ran with one of my ideas to publish in that one. For my short time on their website, they came up with the idea. When I suggest my own, they never make it. For now I am sitting back until I can come up with something worthwhile of an idea to turn into them again whether that be online or in magazine form.

      Delete
  3. I have been a published writer but have never been a blogger. Someday? I don't know if I want to add anything new. I enjoy reading your content. Have a great Sunday and God bless everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to be more published, like a book. That has always been my ultimate goal. Maybe some day.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!