Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Cards From Pops: Box 1

It's time.

It's time that I finally get to sorting (and posting) out the two trades I pulled off with my father. I haven't had a lot of time recently to do so with sickness and family visiting.

Before I go on with today's post, I must admit I would be lying if I didn't say I already went through the cards once for a quick glance. Sorry, the cards I post won't be unknown to me as I post them. I do promise there will be a lot of amazing stuff to post along the way in this miniseries.

However, it's going to take some time.

This time around will be a more in-depth look along with sorting them into the piles they belong in for my collection. As I sort the cards out, I will be pulling out favorites to post so it won't be every card as I don't have time for that.

Nor would you guys reading it.

Some boxes will have more cards to show off more than others.

Today's box didn't have a lot to show off as it was mainly base cards of hockey and NASCAR, two sports I don't dabble in a lot but do collect some of.

That doesn't mean that there wasn't some that caught my eye.

This one is pretty cool. The window on the other side is die-cut opened.

You can never go wrong with a Dale Earnhardt card. This one is a film cel type of card. It may be my favorite card of the box.

Another Dale, this time with some dufex action from Classic.

1999 Upper Deck Bronze John Mabry /100

Igor Kravchuk 1999 Upper Deck Bronze /100

Jeremy Roenick Will To Win insert. 

HoloGRFX had some great looking inserts.

HOF rookie card. I didn't have an Action Packed of him.

This is the closest to $1,000 I will ever hold in hand and be able to keep. I thought the photo on this phone card was great.

 
Joe Smith shiny Rookies insert.

There were a few others I could have featured, but decided these were the best of the best.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

There is more to come from this series as there are a lot of cards to go through. This is the only box I have sorted through so far as I have other stuff to post as well. My plan is to mix these posts in as I go.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

7 comments:

  1. Nice variety. This type of box is something I would really enjoy going through. I didn't know that a $1000 phone card even existed. That's a ton of phone usage! Happy Wednesday and coffee for all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either. I have seen $20 as the highest.

      Delete
  2. A. That Driver's Seat insert looks really cool. Upper Deck had something special with those film cel cards.

    B. Just saw that Faulk last week. Found it in a box of football rookies. Never opened that product, so it must have been from a collection purchase.

    C. When I first saw that O'neal phone card... I was blown away. You don't see $1,000 phone cards very often. Then I saw the writing inside of the hoop. It's still a really cool card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was disappointed it was a sample haha.

      Delete
  3. I miss Action Packed probably more than any other brand at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!