Sunday, August 4, 2024

3/6/2023

March 6th 2023.

What were you doing? Do you remember?

I don't. I am lucky if I remember what I did two days ago at this point in my life. Yes, I even forget about the good cups of coffee.

All I can recall though is that I was counting down to turning 40 in 13 days from that date.

Otherwise, blank.
But, apparently with a recent, yes RECENT mail day I was reminded I was waiting on a mail day as well.

That mail day was coming from @tacocarebear and she had mailed me a Jasson Dominguez card for free for my PC. The card had never arrived and the tracking had never been updated. I kept in contact messaging @tacocarebear back and forth about it for a few months and by late summer last year, I had completely given up and forgotten about the card.

And then out of nowhere last week, it arrived.

A year and a half later.

 
The tracking for the card showed no history other than it arriving in CT on July 23rd 2024 and if I wanted to do an expand search on it for tracking, USPS wanted to charge me. Though I was curious, I wasn't going to give the USPS any further funds for their mess ups.

I was just happy the card actually showed up.

 
Funny enough, the card is a 2021 Mosaic International Men Of Mastery. I guess he was a master of going into hiding....maybe Internationally. Who knows.

I know USPS has been bad recently but didn't expect this bad. I don't think I have ever seen this level bad before.

Thanks to @tacocarebear for the card.

I may not have remembered much about 3/6/3023, but now it may be a date I never forget.

10 comments:

  1. That's wild. How does something stay in the USPS system that long without being sent?

    I know what I was doing 3/6/23 as it's my wife's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea and where does it go without any updates for over a year?

      Delete
  2. I had no idea what I was doing on 3/6/23... but based on the photos on my phone, I was working and planning for our final spirit rally. Unless it's a special date (like a birthday), it's hard for me to match them up with memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I was celebrating my friend Jerry's 50th birthday as well my friend Scott's 49th & we even for good measure celebrating Shaquille O'Neal entry to area 51 on his birthday as well. As for me I'm unfortunate to celebrate my birthday w/actress Frances Gumm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday is shared with Ahmad Bradshaw of the Giants, so I am good lol

      Delete
  4. What a surprise! I was Coaching my Special Olympics Basketball team practice that day. I'm sure there was coffee also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As hard as it may be for some to believe, I still think that this just the beginning of the USPS's decline. It's gonna get a whole lot worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to imagine it getting even worse than this

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!