Monday, February 21, 2022

Jennings For Jeopardy

*sipping coffee today before I start a new #CardsOverCoffee*

I have never been known as a big game show person. My mind doesn't have the focus, quickness or the brain capacity to answer the questions. My wife can solve the Wheel Of Fortune puzzle with one letter (sometimes none) on the board and does pretty well in Jeopardy.

Despite my lack of game show talent, I still have played computer and Nintendo game versions of both game shows against her. As you would expect, I had no chance. It would be like watching the Detroit Lions take on the Tom Brady Patriots in the Super Bowl. The only points I ever landed in Jeopardy were questions about TV/Movies and you guessed it, sports. If only they had a coffee category or one especially on sport cards. GIVE ME A CHANCE!!

When it comes to watching those game shows, it's never at the top of my list of things to watch in our free time together. Though we have done so and did so recently and I will say that one of those game shows was a lot less desirable to watch even more so now.

I know since the passing of legend Alex Trebek, Jeopardy has been trying to find their new host and have been sharing the time between two hosts recently. The night we had it on, the first time since Trebek's passing, Mayim Bialik was hosting the show and I found myself falling asleep. It was so boring, that I would almost prefer listening to Ben Stein talk about cheese for half an hour.

That's nothing against Bialik who is not only tremendously smart with a PHD in Neuroscience and is an amazingly talented actress, but it just says a lot about Trebek who owned the floor, and it is extremely challenging to follow in those footsteps. I also felt she wasn't game show host material. I think just like with doctors; it takes a certain person to be in that field.

That person to take Trebek's spot, I can't say replace as that's impossible, however could be the other host of the show when it's not Bialik's turn. That person is Ken Jennings who not only owns a record for the longest winning streak of 74 straight wins on Jeopardy, but has spent a good portion of his life on and hosting game shows. It's in his blood. He bleeds game shows.

*takes a sip before continuing on with today's post*

I have yet to see an episode of Jeopardy with Jennings as host, as I said I don't watch game shows all that often but thought a few cards of him in my last trade with blog reader Oren were pretty cool additions.

Jennings had base, Sp's, Autograph and Relics in 2020 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions which happens to be my favorite Upper Deck product.

Oren passed along three of the base cards and I believe the Splash Of Color is a Sp.
Base

Another base

Splash Of Color which was my favorite of the three.

I kind of want an autograph now that I have these and will add it to my ever-so-growing want list I recently updated on here. You can check it out HERE.

Thanks again to Oren for the trade.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I expect to have you guys in comments let me know who you think is the better host of Jeopardy between the two they have now. I also want to hear who you think should host it even if leaving those two out.

Anyone think that maybe Will Ferrell should? Anyone get this reference? If not, go watch some SNL and give yourself a good laugh right now. The Connery vs Trebek poke and prods are quite hilarious.

Have a great Monday night.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. I actually quite like Bialik in the role. I think she brings a playfulness and energy to it. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with Jennings getting the spot full-time, though. I was rooting for Lavar Burton, but he wasn't impressive in his week as guest host.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was rooting for Burton as well. Think my love of reading rainbow wanted him back on tv.

      Delete
  2. I thought for sure that the show would finally end after Trebek's passing. I haven't seen an episode of Jeopardy in at least 20 years, so my opinion could be completely irrelevant, but even so, I could not watch this show if it were being hosted by Blossom... no matter what her qualifications are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like Bialik, but I also believe that Jennings should be the host. It wouldn't surprise me if the show stays like it is, with him as permanent 7:30pm host, and her as the Prime time/special host.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot they do more than one Jeopardy. I am old school so always would stick to the original lol

      Delete
  4. I love the Connery vs Trebek SNL skit. I haven't watched a full episode of Jeopardy in years, so can't comment on Bialik or Jennings. But I did enjoy Bialik o The Big Bang Theory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was great on BBT. I haven't seen her new show though. Have you?

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!