Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Ripping 2021 Before 2022

*sits down finally to do today's post. electricity was out so no coffee until now as well. it was a long start to the morning but here I am and ready for a new post*

*takes a sip*

This week is the long-awaited arrival of a new baseball card season as 2022 Topps Series 1 kicks off. Though we may not have baseball for a while, we can at least anticipate the excitement that the new baseball card season can bring.

Today, a lot of group breakers are celebrating by ripping packs a day before tomorrow's release. So, I thought I would join in on the fun, except I am ripping a Hobby Box of last year's Series 1. Either way, let's join in on the celebration, sit down with a cup of coffee and let's see some #CardsOverCoffee.

Each hobby box of 2021 Topps Series 1 baseball comes with 24 packs of 14 cards along with one autograph or most likely found relic per box. There is also one four-card silver pack that tags along. Boxes are still hanging around just under $100.

*takes a sip, begins to rip*
I have never once pulled an autograph from the silver packs and most of mine have provided poor player results as well.

 
I am happy to inform you that luck continued with today's break. Don Mattingly was as good as it got in the pack. By the way, when seeing the last 15 years of '86 Topps being included in its flagship and update series as a celebratory insert, if it's done this way, I am okay with it.

*takes a sip before showing off the rest of the break. I need my coffee infusion before doing so*

You usually end up with a few parallels, nothing like it used to be, in every break. Out of the parallels I will say that Rainbow Foil still remains my favorite.

Here's another rainbow foil and my one and only gold /2021 of Austin Riley.

A new Griffey for the PC....

Mo knows how to "cut" down the batters

They haven't revisited this design for an insert...oh wait....

Short Print! I didn't pull one in my box break last year for Series 1. I know of a person I will send this too!

And DRUMROLL for my hit...it came in the last pack and I felt this was the moment I was going to pull an autograph....
And nope. Another relic card. At least this time it wasn't Albert Pujols. Needed to pull this in 2020 Topps and not 2021. At least there is a stripe on the relic.

Well, not too much happening with this break. I do like the Williams Sp and Robert wasn't a terrible pull. It's also numbered too.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am not sure when I will get my hands onto any 2022, but hopefully sooner rather than later. I will be hunting down the Franco rookie card for my rookie collection.

In comments today, thoughts on my break, thoughts on 2022 Topps Series 1 and what are you looking for in the product when it releases.

In the meantime, have a great Tuesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. No idea if we'll see 2022 in retail, the card bros may be grabbing them for a while. Might have to resort to the Target website. Good luck and thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I find a Series 1 blaster on Target's website, I'll probably grab one. If not... no biggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like they made a bunch of it this year, sure there will plenty to go around

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!