Thursday, February 24, 2022

Things Are Great With A Downtown

*the coffee is hot but not as hot as today's card...I promise you that much. takes a sip and gets the mind ready for today's #CardsOverCoffee post*

When you're on a chase and collecting is wanting you to land a cool looking card
You can always go
Downtown
When you've got worries about pulling one with all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help I know
Downtown

My luck when it comes to pulling or trading for case hits has not been great. However, the past couple of months, my luck has changed. Not only did I pull my first ever Kaboom Insert (gold Russell Wilson /10) which looked even more impressive in-person, but I was able to trade for another case hit I have always wanted to get my hands onto.

That case hit, Downtown.

Things will be great when you're
Downtown

*takes a sip before showing off the coolness of this card*

When I saw on Twitter that my buddy @90sNicheFBCard had been in a break of 2021 Diamond Kings and landed a Downtown card of Christian Yelich, I immediately messaged him asking if he was interested in trading it off. Without much hesitation from him, he said sure, but it would be a little while before he could pass it along my way since the breaker he used liked to mail out a lot of cards at once.

The wait was awhile, but it was so worth it.
Front Of The Card

A closer look at it.

 
And card back. If only the back was as good as the front.

Thanks again to Bryan for this great addition. This will probably be the only one of these I will ever own but at least I can say I have one. I also didn't have to go Downtown to get it.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I think my attention gets drawn towards the case hits because the long odds and the look of the cards brings me back to the 90's when inserts like these mattered. If only companies could make rest of the inserts look as great, but I guess that would take the thrill out of the chase.

The cards look so much better there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares and grab some coffee there (I had to add this in)

So go downtown
The cards look great when you're
Downtown
No finer card for sure

Thoughts on Downtowns or case hits welcomed in comments!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Nice looking insert. It'd look cooler with a logo, but it is what it is. As for tougher insert odds, I'm 100% for it. Very tired of overproduced inserts flooding the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am to and the lack of effort with those inserts is painful as well.

      Delete
  2. Panini has to put all that color and graphics on it to distract the collector from the missing logos. Still, a case hit is a case hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't see the logo missing too much, unless its done by Sage or Leaf. Those ones really bother me

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!