Monday, February 14, 2022

I Love You Fleer Metal Universe

*takes a sip, a bite of bagel and gets ready for the new #CardsOverCoffee*

I love Fleer Metal Universe.

*lights a candle or two. turns on some BoysIIMen as that's top in romance when it comes to music*

Speaking of BoysIIMen..to the tune of I'll Make Love To You.....
Close your eyes, grab the Fleer Metal
And turn on the candlelight
For tonight is just your night
We're gonna sort cards, all thru the night

Grab a box, grab the binder
Girl your wish is my command
I submit to your sort demands
I will sort anything, girl you need only ask

I'll sort cards with you
Like you want me to
And I'll hold them tight
and I won't drop them like last night
I'll sort cards with you
When you want me to
And I will not stop
'Till you tell me to

Hope that gets stuck in your head today. Maybe sing it to your significant other. Who knows, maybe you will get lucky and sort cards.

*takes a sip before showing off today's cards*

I have been doing a lot of sorting the last few weeks and came across my Fleer Metal Universe stash. I have a little bit for each sport and plan on one massive sort build for each. Right now, the one I am closest on is the 1998 Metal Universe football. I will hopefully have needs posted on that soon.

In the meantime, my focus is actually on attempting the 1997 Fleer Metal universe football set. It was the inaugural football set to kick off the etched foil textured-fun-bright-action photo background which is the main attraction. I also think it's the best looking set of the two released, 1997 and 1998. The 1996 baseball version was the original Metal Universe design and it was sharp as well.

So far, I have a very slow start with only a few cards out of the 200 but I LOVE what I have so far.
Galloway and Wheatley......"We're meant for each other."

Bruce and Collins...."You complete me."

Thomas and Way......."We're perfect for each other."

And Walter Jones....."You're my baby."

I do have another 20 something on the way from Burbank, but other than that, there are a lot of holes to fill in and I still need all of the star players.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I will be updating all of my set needs on here as I get that project done. There is a long ways to go with the project and then having to write all of the needs down and type them up. I may just write them down and then take a photo of each list. Update the photo as I go along. Of course my handwriting is awful like a doctor writing a prescription so I will need to take my time.

I hope all of you have a great Valentines Day. I don't have much planned, I did hand make my wife a gift that I think she will enjoy.

In comments today, let me know which BoysIIMen song you like, your thoughts on Fleer Metal Universe, or a set you LOVE.

Although we've Come
To The End Of The Sort
Still I can't let go
It's Fleer Metal
They belong to me
And to you
Although we've come
to the end of the sort
Still I can't stop now
It's still Fleer Metal
They belong to me
They belong to you

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Lol. Good stuff. Motownphilly is my favorite song of theirs... but I enjoy a bunch of their songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that song as well. I actually have their CD and play it often.

      Delete
  2. If you don't already have too many, cheap lots on eBay would probably be the easiest way to get a bunch in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to look into that. Some of the better players look like $4.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!