Friday, February 18, 2022

Kerry Collins 500th

*sits down, takes a sip and gets ready for a new #CardsOverCoffee post*

It has been quite some time, possibly a year or so, since I did any update on my Kerry Collins collection and that's because I kind of tossed it to the side. When you have so much stuff to collect, you kind of have to pick and choose a focus and that focus has not been Collins.

But, a recent Collins find while I was sorting led to that fire rekindling or new cup brewing and here we are today.

About a couple weeks ago, I started to dig back into my Collins collection as I was sorting cards out and found some I hadn't catalogued yet. After adding those, I did my math and I sat at 495 different Collins. I had forgotten how deep I was into the chase awhile ago.

My buddy, @tmcbmatt, must have saw how close I was to my milestone and sent me a mail day recently that included some Giants cards, 90's goodies and some Kerry Collins.

Guess how many of those Collins were new from the stack he sent? Well, if you read the post title you would know it was exactly 5. Sooooooooo you know what that means....500!!!

*takes a sip before showing off the latest Kerry Collins*

There are still so many basic Collins out there I need still, it isn't too tough to fill in some gaps and add to my collection.

Like this 1997 Ultra Sunday School insert. It's a basic, but fun design. Creative name for it as well.

And this 1996 Metal base. These Fleer Metal bring back a lot of memories as I remember opening up plenty of packs with my father.

Skybox Impact base. The 90's had plenty of color to their base.

One of the cooler adds in the entire lot that @tmcbmatt sent, was this 1:47 odds The Franchise of Collins. Not exactly an easy pull and nothing flashy, but the simplicity makes this one a nice addition.

 

And my final new add, was this Leaf Gold Star /2500. Though inserts in 1996 Leaf fell 1:4 packs, but with some being numbered less than others, odds may be increased. 

Thanks again to @tmcbmatt for the latest adds and for helping me reach 500.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

Overall, Kerry has 2,820 cards so I still have a way to go, but also have some more on the way soon. If you have any Kerry's collecting dust around your house, you can find my missing Kerry Collins HERE.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Comments on today's adds or Kerry Collins is welcomed in comments.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

7 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about Kerry Collins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot do. But he was better than most remember.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of Collins'! I can't remember if they call them the same thing on the baseball side, but they have those The Franchise inserts over there too. The baseball ones have the basic insert, and then the glow in the dark parallel(?), do you know if they did that for the football ones too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some holofoil parallel but can't confirm if it glows in the dark.

      Delete
  3. Sadly, Viking fans will always remember Kerry Collins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always remember that game. Couldn't believe what transpired.

      Delete
  4. Those are some nice Collins cards, the last two in particular. Congrats on collecting 500!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!