Friday, February 4, 2022

Not All Heroes Wear Capes, But Some Do

*gets laptop ready, sits down with a fresh cup of coffee. says goodbye to the Mrs as she heads out to another day as a hero*

If the last two years taught us anything, it's that not all heroes wear capes. 

Everyday healthcare workers put their lives on the line for others. With the ongoing pandemic, many of them go through so much more than that. 

The emotional and mental health toll the pandemic has put on the frontline healthcare workers is tough to see. They say that 1:4 healthcare workers suffer from some form of depression, anxiety, PTSD, and even questioning why they go into their profession. This should not be the way things are.

This is why I get so frustrated when I see many not taking the preventions to stop the spread of Covid-19 or saying it's some form of "government conspiracy". I am not on the frontlines, but my wife is and works in a pediatrics office where she sees sick kids EVERY DAY with symptoms of Covid-19 and some in worse shape. Covid-19 is no joke. NO JOKE.

*takes a sip before moving onto the card portion of today's post*

Other than healthcare workers, my other favorite Superhero I have posted on here before is Batman. 

I have collected some Batman cards on and off for a while now, but none were as cool as the ones I got for Christmas from Wes.
An unopened pack of Panini MetaX Batman gaming cards.

Batman Returns Topps Stadium Club unopened pack. Batman Returns was my favorite movie from that series of Batman movies. I plan to keep this sealed but I really want to land this set someday.

Batman Forever magnet

1966 Topps Batman Red Bat cards

Another Magnet



Batman holograms (who doesn't love a hologram in the first place, but a Batman one, oh yeeeaaah)

Then came the two coolest cards in my Batman collection.

In 2005, Topps created cards for the Batman Begins movie. It has a base set of 90 cards, three small insert sets including one that's embossed that I really want, some top notch autographs including Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes and Michael Caine and then three memorabilia cards.

Each of the three memorabilia cards had different odds of finding them.
The tire from the Batmobile fell 1:75 packs.

Back of the card shows the tire the swatch came from.

The cape was the easiest of the three memorabilia cards to land falling at 1:37 packs.

The back of the card features the cape.

The only card I am missing now for the set is Batman's Costume, which falls 1:467 packs. I am hopeful to find that card someday and finish this set.

As a Batman fan, this is as slick as it gets for Batman cards and as close to Batman you can get.

Big thanks to Wes for all of this!

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

Today's post is not meant to be a political fire starter, it's simply just the way I see things and how we need to recognize that the pandemic is real and that the healthcare workers are heroes. If you disagree, that's okay. We can still be friends. I just may not give you the good cup of coffee if we meet.

As for my Batman card collection, hopefully I can gather them all together and show them off all at once sometime. There are still a couple of action figures from the Animated Series I really want to add to my collection such as the Clayface figure.

If you have a Clayface figure or any Batman cards up for trade, I am always up for that. Unless they are just collecting dust for you and you just want to RAK them. I am good with that too :)

Thank you again to Wes and an even bigger thank you to our healthcare workers.

In comments, thank you's to healthcare workers, my new additions are welcomed.

Hope everyone has a safe and great Friday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Anytime a virus kills 5+ million people... it's something that should be taken seriously. A huge shoutout to all healthcare workers! And tell your wife thank you for taking care of those kids. I'm sure they and their families truly appreciate her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like missus Matt deserves some good mail days :)

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!