Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Continuing To Grow On Me

*sits down, takes a sip and gets ready for a new Cards Over Coffee post*

I used to despise Project 2020. It's all I saw and heard about for months. I thought the cards were also ugly. But, after seeing a lot of collectors flipping them early on, I went and bought the Shore Griffey in hopes I could use it to trade for something bigger for my collection. I started a dream list aiming for some of my top card wants that I was going to use that Griffey for. The only problem, I was one of ninety-nine thousand thinking the same thought.

Now you can't give the card away. Not that I would want to, it's a piece of hobby history now.

But, something in me the past few months had me actually wanting to collect the P2020 cards and add some when I can.  I guess my glasses became clear and I saw more about the cards than I did before.

In my latest mail day from @90sNicheFBCard, I added a few more of them to my collection.

*takes a sip, continues on with today's post*

@90sNicheFBCard had visited a card shop while he was out and found a good deal on a handful of P2020 cards and picked up a few for our trade knowing I collect Griffey and Jeter.
This Jeter was a pretty cool take on his Topps rookie card.

But, not so much on this Griffey. I could have handled doing this one with most of my art being stick figures.

 
This Griffey on the other hand, really sharp.

Thanks again to Bryan for these additions.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I have actually added some Project 2020 and now Project 70 cards to my want list now and would take any that nobody else wants as well. Even if I have them.

Your thoughts on today's additions and the Project series is welcomed in comments. (also throw in any you may have on your want list)

Have a great Wednesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. I just blogged about this as well. I only bought some because of the cheap price. Would I buy more? Maybe, but I'm not going overboard with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post. Really liked your pickups!

      Delete
  2. COMC has a bunch of these Project 2020 cards for $5 or less. You could probably add 6 or 7 new ones to your collection for the price of a blaster box. That's pretty much how I built my Project 2020 collection. I also found a guy on eBay who was dumping them, so you might want to check there as well.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!