Friday, February 25, 2022

GIANT CUP: Taking The Hits

*coooofffeeee.....i neeeeeddd cooooffffeeeee as I drag myself out to the kitchen table sounding like a zombie or frankenstein who needs that first taste*

*takes a sip finally...mmmmmmmm. now I am ready for a new #CardsOverCoffee*

Growing up, I played a lot of sports against my childhood best friend Brian. We played baseball, basketball, soccer and football against each other and occasionally with friends or his family joining in as well. They are memories forever embedded in my brain and my body from some of the hits I took from playing those sports with him.

I remember playing football at his infamous birthday parties and how we had to try and tackle Aaron, who was like trying to get Jerome Bettis, and the hits we took trying to do so. I remember how he and I got into a close basketball matchup, and I went for a three-point shot to end it and he shoved me through his grandmother sliding glass door as I shot it. Nailed it and the win by the way. I also remember how we used to play baseball in the rain and how we unintentionally would hit each other with fast pitches because the ball got slippery. Lots of hits but lots of fun.

It was sort of like my mail day from @90sNicheFBCard. There were a lot of hits, and it was a lot of fun.

*takes another sip...okay I lied. I have been sipping all along for this post, but I will break this up just to tell you I am sipping*

The hits in this mail day trade from Bryan were all Giants this time.

Two Jerrell Jernigan relics, the one on the left is a patch /49

Daniel Jones Air Raid

Kadarius Toney autograph. It appears he could use some help signing his name.

Pro Bowl patch of Saquon. This card is much sharper in person. The lightbox didn't do it justice.

 
And a double dose of Hampton autographs. I already had both, but I think to say I am a super collector, I just got to take all of him I can get.

Thanks again Bryan!

*takes a sip to finish up....I am actually on my second cup sipping away throughout this post*

Sport card hits are a different kind of fun and leave a different type of memory, but the hits I took playing sports with my friend Brian were special memories. If I move just right, sometimes the memory pops up pretty quickly :)

In comments today, thoughts on the cards or if you took any hits when you were younger that gave you memories.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. My friends and I played basketball and football. Someone would occasionally get injured, but things rarely got crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend during real football practice got knocked out cold. It was a scary sight.

      Delete
  2. In my high school hockey days, we played at a couple of outdoor rinks that had boards made out of solid planks of wood. They didn't give at all, so if you got shouldered into them it was a little rough on the body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a tough but fun time, especially nailing that game-winning trey through a sliding door lol.

    The Saquon patch card is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great moment, until his grandmother sat us down and had a long talk about her door lol.

      Thanks! I really dig it!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!