Saturday, February 19, 2022

Deja Vu

*takes a sip, posting my Valentines gifts a few days late but it's better than not doing so. takes another sip and gets ready for another new #CardsOverCoffee*

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I have been seeing a lot of Walgreens football box breaks recently on Twitter and many collectors bragging of the riches within. There were many collectors landing some pretty great packs in their breaks such as 2020 Select. One guy had even pulled a Justin Herbert rookie autograph from the pack or so he says. I see those boxes sold occasionally at my Walgreens, so I told my wife if she saw any, that I wanted a couple of them.

Guess what I got for Valentine's Day....you guessed it.....and she got me two of them!

*takes a sip, begins to show off the boxes starting with the one closest to the cup of coffee.*

Each of these boxes are produced by the Fairfield company and are $5 each. They come with a handful of cards and one pack. I didn't see how many cards come in the box and forgot to count for today's post, but I will say roughly twenty to twenty-five. 1:4 of these boxes comes with a hit.

Let's see how lucky I am!

*takes a sip, begins to rip box 1*

I will only show off the key cards in these breaks and not all the cards. Just so you guys know. Yeah, I am being lazy about taking a bunch of pictures to post. It's a lot harder since I switched to the light box to post a bunch.
The first box kicks off with a large stack of Sage cards with Davis Mills being the headliner. The rest? Well, they weren't worth the picture effort.

The Bengals! A team that should have won the Super Bowl this year if they hadn't borrowed the Giants offensive line for the game.

Roy Williams rookie insert

Shannon Sharpe Skybox base

Action Packed base card from 1991. This was a product line I always enjoyed.

Conley base from Contenders. One of the "newer" brand cards in the pack.

Lamar Jackson Highlight Reel insert. Not too bad and it goes into my PC.

And my pack........
2004 Pacific CFL. Sigh. Not even NFL. Guess it's better than those Leaf packs I have seen in past releases of these.

*takes a sip, begins to rip Box 2*

Now let's see if there was better luck with Box Two,
 

Hmmmm a vaguely familiar start with the same Sage cards and Mills again.

 
Ken Norton Skybox Super Bowl subset base

Haven't I seen this card before?

Wait...what?

A rookie Action Packed.

A parallel from this Panini Gaming set. Other than Conley, the only other "newer" card in this box.

And my pack.....
What in the peanut butter sandwich is this???!!!

Was it me or was there some deja vu in this two-box break?

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

Well, the thoughtfulness of my wife picking these up was great, but the breaks were as lame as can be. I have opened other Walgreens Boxes before and had more fun than I did with this one. I think half of the cards being no name Sage cards to kick off the box is the most painful part other than a CFL pack. I would have rather had some base cards from 1995-1999.

Thoughts on my break welcomed in comments and let me know if you have opened any of these and what luck or packs you found.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

10 comments:

  1. The Wild Card and Action Packed football really bring back memories. My friends and I bought loads of Wild Card packs trying to pull a stripe card. Not a specific stripe card, but any stripe card at the time was a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many of those stripe cards and I still have many to chase for my rodney hampton collection

      Delete
  2. I don't collect football cards and even I recognized that was rather painful. College football packs, oof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like somebody had this same issue with a couple of baseball repacks (Fairfield), and did a post about it some years ago. Obviously whatever the issue was, it hasn't been fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all. Hoping they will see this plead to fix it

      Delete
  4. Any pack with a Tiger-Cat on it is an OK pack by me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love early 90's Action Packed cards... and like Base Card Hero mentioned... Wild Card brings back memories. It was so exciting pulling a stripe card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't collecting at that time, but chasing those stripe cards now it painful lol

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!