Thursday, February 17, 2022

Shootin' Some Hoops

*sits down, looks out the kitchen window at the rain and watching the snow start to settle. I have a box in hand and ready for another wax rip and another new #CardsOverCoffee*

In my last post, I mentioned trading for a blaster box of basketball cards, the first NBA cards I have seen since the pandemic, so I was excited to finally get my hands onto some. Though I did gamble away a Topps Matthew Stafford rookie card to get it. Speaking of Stafford, congrats to him and the LA Rams on winning the Super Bowl.

While I wait and dream about typing that about Daniel Jones and my Giants, let's take a look at a break of Hoops.

*takes a sip, gets the box ready to be opened*

Each blaster box of 2021-2022 Hoops basketball comes with 11 packs of 8 cards. Each box is roughly $28 and comes with no guarantees other than this year's rookie class in their pro uniforms. Can't believe blaster boxes are $28 now. 

From my last few blaster breaks, the saying would be, you pay more to get less.

 *takes a sip, begins to rip*
RJ Barrett kicks off a PC card find in here.

Wow! Impressive, both of this years top rookies in back to back packs.

I don't know this player, but it's a rookie parallel so I will take that.

Tatum blue parallel. He has played really well this season.

Pritchard purple.

*takes a sip before moving onto the inserts*
I like the sky view insert, though I prefer more of the photo and less sky.

Pure Luka!

Arriving Now is a rookie insert line that doesn't have too bad of look to it.

Slam magazine insert. A lot of collectors, including yours truly, really like this line.

Nice photo on this one.

And to my surprise in the last pack......
My first Luka relic.

I was impressed with this break finding both top rookies and the Luka relic. I also pulled a couple of Knicks as well.

*takes a sip, gets ready to finish up today's post*
My father chose me a great box, I know he was pretty jealous when I told him what I had pulled.

Was it worth giving up the Stafford rookie for? Probably. It was still fun to open and who knows how long Stafford's value will stay up there.

In today's comments, thoughts on my break are welcomed and if you would have traded a card of that caliber for a box to open.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. Don't think I've ever traded a card for an unopened box, but I have sold cards before and at some point bought boxes. So I guess in a sense I've turned cards into unopened boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same just a little different lol

      Delete
  2. Nice you were able to get a box. The Target website recently showed it available for purchase so hopefully it's still there the next time I have funds. Thanks for showing off the cards...can you focus more on the card though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to do some things differently soon to focus more on the cards.

      Delete
  3. Still on the lookout for a box of these!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!