Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Coffee Break:2020-2021 Topps Museum Collection UEFA Champions League

 *it's coffee time...oh wait...a box to open to? Let's do some Cards Over Coffee then!*

Anytime I see soccer on TV or soccer cards a few memories from my childhood come back to mind.

I remember playing soccer at my friends 8th grade graduation party and actually being half-way decent in a shoot off. As for playing in a soccer league, I would be miles from that. Even more-so as an adult with a torn ACL.

I also remember when our high school football team needed a kicker and our coach had one of the soccer players tryout for the position. Well, it paid off. The kicker had a strong leg and learned how to get more accurate over time. He actually won a game for us against one of the states best teams.

Today, I will be breaking open a box of 2020-2021 Topps Museum Collection UEFA.

*takes a sip, begins to rip*
In every box of 2020-2021 Topps Museum Collection UEFA Champions League, you will find one pack of eight cards. Each box comes with an Autograph card, Autograph Relic card and a relic card. Boxes currently go for $400. So you're hoping each card is worth $50.

*takes a sip, moves on to the cards*

The base set for Champions League is built up of 75 cards.
The set features many top stars and rookies such as Moukoko.



And it's probably one of the most beautiful sets I have seen this year or in the past year. Player focused photos, high gloss and thick cardstock with a touch of rainbow foil around borders.

There are also a few parallels like in most products to be found as well.

Offerings to be found are, Copper /99, Sapphire /75, Gold /50, Ruby /25, Emerald 1/1.
This is a gold /50 that I found in this break.

*takes a sip, feels tummy rumblin' for some foodin'. Need to find some form of breakfast soon. Moves onto the next part of the break*

The hits are just as stunning as the base cards.
Meaningful Material. I know this is a plain colored swatch, but the fabric, fabric color all blends well against the design of the product.

 
Autograph Relic card. Once again, the relic swatch is what really makes this card stand out.

And finally, Framed Autograph Ruby Parallel /25 of Daniel James. This card is very heavy.

*takes a sip, stomach is still rumbling. I think a bagel is calling my name*

There were a couple cards with some value, not sure if they cover the cost of the box however the pure beauty of the cards does that for me. I would love to see football cards being done like this again if Topps can ever get a piece of that license again. So far out of the few high end offerings I have opened over the years, this one takes the cake. So if you are to gamble, I say gamble here just on product look alone.

Ratings (ratings based on 1-5 🍵 on this break. Ratings are not based on overall product run)

Design 🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵
Photography 🍵🍵
Inserts N/A
Hits 🍵🍵🍵🍵
Price 🍵
Value 🍵🍵🍵

*time for some breakfast and more coffee, first though, got to take care of these cards from being damaged from my possible buttery bagel. Coffee Card Blogger Out!*

2 comments:

  1. You're busting $400 boxes these days? Wowza. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to show off in a review yes, personally buying them, no lol

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!