Saturday, May 15, 2021

Coffee Break:2021 Topps Tier One Baseball

*coffee is ready and so am I on this beautiful Saturday morning*

The sun is out and I am pumped for the first day that may reach into the 70's here. Sounds like a good day to go hit a ball with a bat. Well for me, it's wiffle ball these days and even then, my arm feels like I pitched 100 innings when I am done.

But before I go and throw my arm out, let's do a quick Coffee Break!

*takes a sip, begins to rip*

Every box of 2021 Topps Tier One comes with 3 cards. The three cards are all hits and comes with two autographs and one relic card per. Boxes run just under $200 so it's the same high end product it always has been.

*takes a sip before opening up the pack, ripping resumes now*

First card, Chris Taylor Tier One relics

 
Rookie Breakout autograph of Ryan Jeffers

 
Prime Performers autograph of Mark Buehrle

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

Overall, that was a bit painful. Almost $200 on a pitcher autograph (as you know I am not a fan of landing a pitcher autograph as its the same as landing an offensive lineman in football) and a relic and a rookie I hadn't heard of. But, once again, that's all apart of the gamble that is Tier One.

I will say though, there are some HOME RUN hits in Tier One with Bat Knobs, Cut Signatures of legends and big name autographs throughout. Tier One has the hits, you just have to have the luck.

Ratings (ratings based on 1-5 🍵 on this break. Ratings are not based on overall product run)

Design 🍵🍵
Photography N/A
Inserts N/A
Hits 🍵
Price 🍵🍵
Value 🍵

*takes a sip, begins to stretch out the arm but first gotta take care of laptop, cards and of course not leave any coffee behind. Coffee Card blogger out*

8 comments:

  1. I don't mind pitchers. If its the right pitcher, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't really say that a pitcher is equivalent to an offensive lineman...I'm thinking any casual baseball fan can name the top pitchers in baseball today--deGrom, Kershaw, Verlander, Cole, Bauer--while as a casual football fan I'm not sure I can name any offensive linemen. That said, Buehrle is pretty low-profile for a guy with 59 career WAR, although so is Darrell Evans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well value wise is what I should have worded that as. Pitcher carry no hobby value in a box

      Delete
  3. I'd take a pitcher autograph over someone like Nelson Cruz.

    That said, I agree that was painful, even as a Dodger fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the King. Buehrle is the right kind of pitcher here in Chicago...but not $200 worth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough box. Win some, lose some. I like seeing Buehrle signing for Topps, since he doesn't have a lot of signatures out there.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!