Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Coffee With George Lopez

*takes a sip of coffee, get's ready for a new Coffee With post. I haven't done one of these in some time. Coffee's hot and so won't this post be*

Sometimes I simply don't give some shows a chance and by doing so I may miss out on something special. I realized this in 2020.

When my wife goes to work on the weekends, I usually sit down with a cup of coffee-no surprise there-grab my laptop and turn on a show or movie to watch. It started out with some Halloween/Christmas movies, then it was Seinfeld, but after their time slot changed, George Lopez show took its spot.

I had never really sat down to watch George Lopez before I did that day. And honestly, it blew me away. I was literally laughing out loud and loved every second of the show.

With that being said, I needed a George Lopez autograph for my PC.
There was a fairly decent priced Leaf Pop Century one on eBay, so I grabbed it. The card was a blue parallel which also happens to be my favorite color.

 
It is also numbered to 25.

*takes a sip before closing out today's post*

George was not only the star of his own show, but he also has done tons of stand-up comedy, voices in cartoons and has been in a few movies. 

I would say the George Lopez show may be one of the best underrated comedies ever. If you need a good laugh, just give it a watch. I would be surprised if you weren't laughing in the first five minutes.

Have you ever watched the show or what have you seen with George in it?

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. I'm familiar with Lopez... and probably have seen his stand-up at some point... but not familiar with any shows or movies. I tried to see if his tv show was on any of the online platforms I'm subscribed to... but it's not. Shame. I can always use a new comedy in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The George Lopez Show is awesome. It ran from 2002 to 2007 and some episodes featured the likes of Sandra Bullock and Nick Offerman. Even Rod Carew, Steve Garvey, Joe Morgan, Jim Palmer, Kenny Lofton, Daunte Culpepper and Donovan McNabb have made appearances on that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about some of those names!

      Delete
  3. I never cared for his show, but my nephews really liked it. I did enjoy the theme song though. I was just never a fan of George Lopez so I think that was the problem, though I liked some of the other cast. I will say it was a much better show than According to Jim, and was on par with My Wife and Kids with Damon Wayans. To me I always felt The Bernie Mac Show was underrated, but I was also a big fan of his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked according to jim as well lol. I watched it in syndication

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!