Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Sorry Mr. Jackson, Change Is For Real

*sorry for my inner Outkast, it just pops out occasionally. I used to listen to lots of rap back in the early 2000's but as I aged, it all went back to the 80's and 90's music. But, that doesn't mean occasionally I don't have a flashback*

*takes a sip of really hot coffee, picture drinking it from the devil's cup, and continues on with today's post*

As I continue to improve this blog and try to grow it, changes come along with that. Some may be small, others may be bigger. I continue to look at what posts get the best reach, the most comments and views as well. Many of you know as I have mentioned it many times, I am a man of numbers. And right now the numbers are telling me it's time for some change on here.

For now, the changes are small such as adding in some want lists, switching up the look (coming soon), changing the way I do my Coffee Breaks (you will get a sneak at that this week), and trying to at least squeeze in three posts a week when possible. Right now my 72 year old mother-in-law moves faster than my supposed high speed internet. Which don't ever get Hughes Net, just sayin'. Unless you like to burn $80 a month.

Another of those small changes is adding in more of my mail days as my main posts. It won't be all of my mail days so don't be offended if you don't see yours, it will be just some key ones that I can tie in.

One of those recent mail days came from Coffee Over Cards blog reader, Oren.

*takes a sip before showing it off*

My latest mail day offering from Oren was all side-PC in Lamar Jackson.

To my surprise, I didn't have a single one of these.






 
All of these cards were stunners for my collection. The last two cards were numbered to 75 and 250 respectively.

Thanks again Oren for the great cards and trade.

*takes a sip before closing up today's post*

Change is good for most situations. There are certain circumstances where change isn't good, but that may be mainly when the spouse actually finds out how much you spend on the hobby. I promise though that the changes I make won't effect my effort or the quality of the posts I make on here. Those are my foundations for this blog. Right now I just need to be Chip and Joanna Gaines and remodel it so I can get the most I can out of writing on here.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. Nice cards, I think the only card of Lamar's I have is a SI Kids card. I've been a fan of his since his days at Louisville, so maybe one day I'll add a few more of his to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He surprisingly doesn't cost that much for singles from what I have seen

      Delete
  2. You've got a good thing going here, hopefully you don't let those numbers lead you astray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't. I don't want to ruin what I have, just want to expand and do more with it.

      The number of comments is falling as well and not just the view numbers

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!