Sunday, November 12, 2023

I Got A Card In The Mail

 
*gets out of car holding a Dunkin' cup. gets inside, grabs the card for today's post, sits down, opens up cover on drink, takes a sip, gets laptop open and ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee*

I spoiled myself this morning. The snow is on the ground, and I was in the Christmas spirit, so I went and had my very first Dunkin' Peppermint Mocha of the year.

I don't normally like to spend the money, but today was an exception. You have to treat yourself occasionally, right? Of course, if any of you wanted to treat me to a coffee my email is sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com :) Have to try right?

*takes a sip*

I know yesterday's post might have come across as a filler, but I haven't gotten any cards in the mail all week until yesterday afternoon. Why didn't I use it in yesterday's post? Well, that was done early, the card came late so it made for a post today instead which I hope you guys are excited about.

I made a trade last week for a player that I think will make a big impact in the NFL someday.
Shedeur Sanders is the youngest son of Hall Of Famer and Colorado Buffaloes coach Deion Sanders who Shedeur coincidentally plays quarterback for.

 
Sanders has put up good numbers this season despite the team starting to slip as of recent. Sometimes it's not all about wins and losses when a player stands out.

I think Sanders will be a 1st round draft pick, maybe a NY Giant, so I wanted his 1st Bowman Chrome to have the first card of him. I don't think the Bowman Chrome 1sts have quite the impact for the football market like the baseball ones do, but it's still fun.

Thanks for the card and trade @slxmie! Looking forward to our next.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

Before closing up today's post, with Christmas coming soon, I wanted to remind you or let you know if you are in need of any card supplies or buying any for someone for Christmas, I can save you some money.
I even linked you to BCW for quicker ordering once you click on this image. Make sure to remember the code at checkout to save your 10% off.

I know how much supplies it can take for a collection.

*takes another sip*

I hope everyone has a great Sunday. I know mine will be making pizza for another disappointing NY Giants game. And of course coffee.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. It'll be interesting to see how desired these 1st Bowman football and basketball cards are in a few years. I'm guessing they'll be pretty popular assuming some of these guys have big professional careers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I have some of the bigger names sitting around

      Delete
  2. I've gotten a few of the 1st Bowmans in some small lots I have purchased from eBay. Nice looking cards overall. It will be the Vikings game for me today. Enjoying a cup of coffee with Peppermint Bark creamer in it. Sunday blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday! Vikings look good, my Giants.....

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!