Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Chasing The PMG's

*sits down, has a cup of coffee ready and gets ready for a new post on cards over coffee*

As I have stated on here a couple of times now, I have fallen in love with Marvel movies this year and have found myself chasing the cards whenever I can.

This love runs as deep as coffee in my veins.

*looks at veins that still look blue, but really should be brown*

*takes a sip*

With Upper Deck pumping out products for almost every movie, TV show and cartoon, there is plenty to chase. But my main focus is mainly on the movies.

When searching the eBay universe, which is almost like the Marvel universe with plenty of multiverse options, I stumbled upon some impressive looking purple Precious Metal Gems that spread across multiple movies.

After acquiring one in hand for next to nothing, I fell for them. Being a 90's card fanatic, seeing PMG's and my love of Marvel movies, it only made sense that I had to chase.

All in all, from my research, there are 36 of the Purple PMG's to chase. They are not numbered but were special cards for unlocking achievements on Upper Deck's e-pack platform. 

I have a long way to go, but I am roughly 1/3rd of the way done. I don't have all of the ones in-hand yet as I have an ongoing massive trade working out, but I have crossed off the ones I do have in hand.

Here are what the cards look like and what I have in-hand so far and what I need,
 


Doctor Strange
DPMG1Doctor Strange
DPMG2Ancient One
DPMG3Wong
DPMG4Kaecilius
DPMG5Mordo
DPMG6Christine Palmer



Thor Ragnarok
TPMG1Thor
TPMG2Hulk
TPMG3Grandmaster
TPMG4Hela
TPMG5Valkyrie
TPMG6Skurge



Spider-Man Home Coming
PMG1Ned Leeds
PMG2Liz Allan
PMG3Michelle
PMG4Shocker
PMG5Vulture
PMG6Spider-Man

The Avengers: Infinity Wars
IPMG1Iron Man
IPMG2Captain America
IPMG3Doctor Strange
IPMG4Spider-Man
IPMG5Star-Lord
IPMG6Thanos

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
GPMG1Star-Lord
GPMG2Gamora
GPMG3Drax
GPMG4Rocket
GPMG5Groot
GPMG6Yondu

Black Panther
BPMG1Okoye
BPMG2Nakia
BPMG3Killmonger
BPMG4Everett K. Ross
BPMG5Ulysses Klaue
BPMG6Black Panther

As I said above, not all of the ones I have are crossed off yet.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

If any of you have any of these that I don't, please let me know in comments or at sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com and I will confirm if I need them. I will trade for any I don't have!! I want to chase them all or as many as I can. I do know there are some I will never be able to touch since the prices are crazy, but I would like to own what I can.

Stay tuned for further updates and pictures on this chase.

In comments, let me know your thoughts on my latest chase and if you have ever attempted anything like this.

In the meantime, have a great Wednesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Chases are fun to try. Unfortunately, I don't have any for your chase. I'm still on my slow chase to complete the 2019 Topps Heritage Baseball set. Raising a cup for a Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many chases but when you can't finish one you move to the next

      Delete
  2. Ha! I am still trying to finish 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 😅. Feels like one would have to buy a case to finish heritage...Will certainly look for those pmg's though!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!