Friday, October 22, 2021

SHINY!

*takes a seat at the kitchen table where the laptop is placed. Realizes left coffee, cards and plate with bagel on the counter. Gets back up, grabs them and sits back down. Today feels like a Monday on a Friday*

When it comes to placing a monthly order on Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace I never know what cards I will be in the mood for. Sometimes it's all NY Giants, sometimes I take advantage and fill some 90's insert and parallel sets and other times I just feel like searching for something eye appealing.

And then there are times I am like the dog Doug from Up, instead of SQUIRREL I say SHINY!

This month I went 90's and SHINY!

*takes a sip before showing off the mail day...SHINY!*

First up (SHINY!), 1999 Fleer Metal Universe Starchild that fell 1:6-1:8 packs depending on what packs you opened. I had never seen these before and was really hoping that they looked as good as their scans did on Burbank. Not only did they look as good but even better then I expected.

More SHINY!

There are 20 cards in the set to collect.

And as one may expect, I am certainly chasing the set now.

SHINY!
Magnetic Field could be found in packs of 1997 Metal Universe baseball at a rate of 1:12 packs. I already owned one of these but had thought about building the set for awhile as the cards are quite stunning. There are 10 cards in this set to be found including some big name gold glovers.

SHINY!
Another insert set from 1999 Metal Universe is Quasars. They fall 1:18 packs.

SHINY!

*takes another SHINY! sip*

The final cards I grabbed were probably my favorite of the group.
1999 Score Supplemental Behind The Numbers

There are 30 cards in the set, all numbered to 1000 and they fell randomly in packs.

I snagged a few of the cheaper ones just to see how they look.


 
I think the birth of another SHINY! set chase was born.

*takes a sip, before closing up SHINY! today's post*

With prices so high on today's cards and everything being a money grab, I am glad I collect the way I do. Cards like I grabbed today are more fun than any you can find today's boxes and are about 1/70th of the price. For me, it's not about the money, it's about the simple enjoyment. 

And the SHINY!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

Also, wanna Save 10% off your orders from Burbanks Sportscards on Beckett Marketplace? Use Code: 15BURBANK at checkout to do so! Also spend $50 and you will get free shipping. BOOM!

Shop their millions of items like the ones above and more in inventory now by clicking THIS LINK HERE:
https://marketplace.beckett.com/burbanksportscards_21/

4 comments:

  1. Your new photo box really makes those pop! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was really happy the way these came out. Always so hard to capture the shinyness of cards

      Delete
  2. Yeah, the box is great. The Starchilds are my faves today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I really liked those more than I thought I would!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!