Tuesday, October 5, 2021

EnLIGHTening The Blog

*takes a sip, gets ready to sit down before realizing maybe I want breakfast first before I type*

*gets up, thaws a bagel, toasts it, puts veggie cream cheese on it, sits back down*

*takes a bite, takes a sip, it's time for some #CardsOverCoffee* 

Sorry for the long intro today, I am feeling a tad hungrier than usual this morning. It's probably because I have been trying to cut back on eating as much, especially at night. Gotta lose that weight you know. But, I am sure many of you are saying right now as I can hear my Doctor saying it to, eating a bagel won't help. Well, for me, I put in 15,000 steps a day or more and it's early still where I am so I think I will be just fine with it.

*takes another bite and another sip, mmmmm. kicking this morning off right*

Today's post won't involve any cards as a forewarning to you, but it will involve something I will be using for pictures of them on here.

For a few weeks now, I have been wanting a light box to use for pictures on my blog. I keep seeing others use them on Twitter and feel the pictures are a huge upgrade over what they used to post. 

My poor wife in that timeframe has listened to my cries of wanting one, or whining I guess you would call it, and got me an early anniversary present which was given to me this morning.

 
And guess what that was...A LIGHTBOX!! A portable one at that!! So I can take my pictures and not have to worry about the storage afterwards. That's perfect since I don't have a lot of space to begin with!

Here's the top of the light box.

Here is where the magic will happen. I chose black as I feel a coffee blog is best suited for it. There are lights both in the front and the back of the box. 

And it wouldn't be this blog if one of the pictures I took wasn't of a coffee mug.

Not only did she get me a lightbox, but I also got a couple other items to note.
A penny keychain that has M+J (Matt and Jessica) and a heart around the year of 2002 on the penny. It will be 19 years this year. Closing in on a big milestone next year.

 
Along with this Crucial Catch Giants hat. The Crucial Catch initiative addresses early detection and screenings of cancer. All proceeds from Crucial Catch items go directly the the American Cancer Association. Since 2009, the NFL has raised close to 30 Million dollars from this program.

A big thanks to the love of my life for for these items. I love you and always appreciate you supporting my hobby.

*takes another bite, okay I finished half the bagel. takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I look forward to continuing to improve this blog in any way I can and I think with enough practice with the light box that will help. Hopefully word gets out on that (please add me to your blogrolls or throw me in a post) and I will be able to grow this blog, the hashtag #CardsOverCoffee and get a community together. For me that's what the hobby and the world is all about. Everyone finding a common ground and enjoying each others passions together whether it's coffee, cards or something else.

In comments below, I want to know if you use a lightbox for pictures or if you have ever bought a Crucial Catch item or donated to the American Cancer Association.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Looking forward to some high quality photos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some drafts to catch up on but it shouldn't be too many before I can upgrade all of the pictures!

      Delete
  2. Never used one myself (or even seen one in person for that matter), but I have noticed that Twitter people seem to really love them. It always strike me as funny that they care so much about the photos, and yet, care so little about providing any kind of substance when talking about the card in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on keeping up what I do on here just with hopefully better photos

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!