Friday, May 24, 2024

81.2%

It's been a hot week here with temps sitting at 83 and above. Which may not sound warm to most of you, but, for here, it's hot.

But here I am still sitting with a hot coffee and some hot cards with a hot new post.

*takes a sip*

I kept pushing off adding my Rodney Hampton collection on TCDB, then decided it was finally time when I was doing some research on there and saw my rankings in the 600's with a couple of cards I must have added years ago. 

Knowing I am the king of Rodney, I couldn't let that stand.

So, I went to work and input all of the Rodney's I had. Come to find out, Rodney has 962 total cards and I own 81.2% of those. Which is incredible when you really think about it. Think about all of the rare 90's inserts/parallels and the 1/1's that have been added over the years.

However, when it comes to a real total of Rodney cards, my number doesn't match that one as TCDB doesn't cover all of the oddball cards that were out there. Including uncut sheets, proofs, and uncut cards. 

Which I own some of each and here is an example of some,
Rodney mini poster.


A cut autograph from The Bar Hybrid Edition.

Uncut Fleer Ultra Sensations card featuring Rodney Hampton and Jerry Rice.

And probably my favorite one, an uncut 1995 Finest dual refractor of Rodney and Junior Seau. This is a thing of beauty.

I haven't had a chance to count up all of my oddballs to have an exact number of Rodney's yet, but hopefully will soon.

As expected, here is my ranking on TCDB for Rodney,


Pretty far at the top. The second-place person actually has some I need believe it or not. If anyone does any form of trading on there and want to snatch those up for me, let me know. I will trade with you for doing so.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

My next project is to add my Kerry Collins collection to TCDB. I am currently unranked as I only added one card so I could see my rating. It will be interesting if I can make a run at first place there as well. The current person in first has 517 out of the 2,834 total cards Collins has. I believe my last count for Kerry was at 600.

I will do a Collins post at some point when I add mine.

I hope all of you have a great Friday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm on that screenshot! Somehow I'm 8th and I don't PC Rodney, that's just from set/insert collecting. The 90s may have produced a few cards...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if you have any of those early 90's oddballs I don't lol

      Delete
  2. I am with you. I consider anything above 80 is hot. Nice numbers on the Hampton collection. I have never checked any of my numbers. It would be really funny if I showed up on any list at all. Enjoy the coffee and the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it sometime. It's an extra fun hobby I think to see where you rank

      Delete
  3. It's 83 here in NYC and I'm dying. Totally miss the 60s. Congrats on being #1 with Rodney. With all the guys in my PC, I somehow doubt I'd be high on any list, but it might be fun to check one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I prefer the 70-75 temps myself. NOt too hot, not too cold

      Delete
  4. I can't drink hot coffee if it's 65 degrees or warmer outside. Luckily... even on 80 degree days we've had around here in recent weeks... it's still around 55 degrees on my way to work in the morning.

    That's uncut dual refractor card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine what 80s must feel like where you live. That's got to be brutal

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!