Saturday, May 18, 2024

I Needed It (Topps)Now!

It's a dull, rainy Saturday so there isn't much to do other than drink my coffee and watch my lawn continue to grow and needing to be mowed so might as well put up a new blog post then, right?

Yup.

*takes a sip*

There has been a lot going on this year so far, both good and bad, but one of the things that stood out so far for me was being able to view the Total Solar Eclipse with my family. It will forever be a treasured moment for as long as I can remember it.

When the day comes where I don't remember it, I had to make sure to have a way to spark that memory again.

Which led to me adding this Topps Now card.

Which will help spark that memory and the buildup, excitement and smiles that it brought.

I know for the most part a lot of people think Topps pumping out Topps Now cards like this one are lame, I read the comments when they announced this one, but I like them and think they are capturing big-fun moments whether that be on the field or in the world.

I say, keep 'em coming. The odder, the better.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I hope your Saturday is dryer than mine and hopefully you will be able to mow your lawn.

In comments, would like to see your thoughts on the Topps Now cards that don't focus particularly on baseball or baseball player itself. Like recently when they celebrated the Mets Hot Dog sales or the Racoon showing up at a soccer game.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely love Topps NOW cards, especially the fun ones.

    Good Job!

    https://johnsbigleaguebaseballblog.blogspot.com/2024/05/fun-card-friday-hot-diggity-dogs.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks John! Will have to check out what you pulled!

      Delete
  2. That's one of the first ones I've ever seen that I would actually buy, though if I do say so my own pictures of it are better than the image they used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the image, looks like something they took off from AI. Doesn't look real

      Delete
  3. I never got to see it this time. Thanks for sharing. I may mow the lawn today as they are calling for rain the next ten days in a row! Do you know an ark builder? On my list for today is to announce the race program at a local dirt track. Let's go racing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard a guy named Noah builds a pretty solid ark!

      Delete
  4. I saw the Mets hot dog card... and want a copy. I don't really have a problem with these non-baseball related Topps Now cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Panini made a black cat one for the Giants Cowboys MNF game back in 2016 I think it was. Still want that one

      Delete
  5. The print on demand stuff isn't for me, but I don't have a problem with them existing either, as it's not my place to tell people what they should or shouldn't be spending their money on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do that either. It's still a pretty cool card. Not something I ordered though when they put them out. I usually wait on this stuff.

      Delete
  6. Actually purchased a few Topps Now cards at a card show today from games I had attended and thought it was a great way to remember the day. Didn't know much about their non-sport ones, but I'm down for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to see some of the fun issued cards released by Topps Now. I have made it a point to check out the Topps every day to see the new cards they post. Although I have only bought one, it is fun to see what they offer. And just maybe I can find some of the oddball ones later at card shows or other places that I buy cards at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wait to trade for them. I don't buy them directly from Topps. Usually easier for me that way. Wished I had some card shows to check out things like this.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!