Saturday, May 25, 2024

The Surprise At The End

My latest trade with Oren hauled me in some cool cards, especially one that was a surprise in the trade. I always find having that surprise card in our trades just adds to the excitement for the mail day to arrive not knowing what he has snuck in there.

But first, let's look at the rest of the trade I knew was incoming.
The Walking Dead base cards. I still haven't watched an episode, but still find myself adding cards from it.

Hot Diggity Dog! (for those parents out there, you will get this phrase)

A DJ mini.

Always thought this was such a cool thing. Maybe, BIG MAYBE, someday my wife and I can add to this.

I can't imagine riding a horse and playing a sport. Last time I rode a horse, let's just say the saddle didn't stay on top of the horse because someone didn't strap it well enough and I found myself in a very awkward position......

Dancing will never be for me. I dance like Elaine from Seinfeld.

I really like watching reels on Facebook, especially the ones that involve Illusions. I don't know how they do it nor do I want to know. The mystery is fun.

How cool would it be to work for ESPN?!

I'm not one for classical music, but I have some family members that are.

So, is riding a bike like riding a bike? Meaning, I haven't ridden a bike in 20 plus years, can I ride a bike as easy as riding a bike?

Being a high school football coach is on my bucket list for some day. This guy sounds like a lot of fun as he is a risk taker. Onside kicks, doesn't punt, goes for two points. Interesting approach. It wouldn't be mine as I am an old school guy when it comes to football, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't try a risk.

Parasailing and me, no. I don't like water. I don't know how to swim, and I am afraid of water. This is a big no.

And now we are onto the surprise card of the group....
 
1964 Topps Beatles Black And White Ringo Star. This one moves up the ranks as one of my coolest vintage non-sport cards I own.

Thanks goes out to Oren for our latest trade.

*takes a sip before finishing up this post*

As I type this today, Oren and I just finished up yet another trade. He is keeping cards incoming to me which is good as it keeps me busy. That's until I run out of stamps!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Before I close, I also wanted to remind you of the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame voting and that it needs you guys to nominate cards in.

Details on the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame can be found HERE. I may add this to every post from here on out for a reminder as I will forget about this too! Haha!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the holiday weekend! Coffee and some cards for me in the mail today. They are from a purchase, not a trade. Nice trade for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice lot of cards. I really love collecting any and all... non-sport A&G cards. But... none of these called out to me clear cut Coffee Card HOF worthy, but there are a few Coffee Card Hall of Very Good candidates for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those old Beatles sets have come down quite a bit in price over the years, so if you're ever inclined to want to add more vintage cards to your collection, those would be an affordable way to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!