Thursday, May 2, 2024

Counting It Down

Coffee is hot, cards are even hotter. 

I have a mail day from blog reader Oren to show off from our latest trade, so, let's do some Cards Over Coffee so I can show it off.

*takes a sip*

We all like countdowns. 

Whether that's a countdown to launch for a spaceship, a countdown til you retire (I bet most people now-a-days don't count this down because nobody can afford to retire), a Top 20 music countdown, maybe a countdown to some big life event such as a wedding or family vacation, or maybe everyone's favorite, a sport card mail day countdown.

Today, I am doing a countdown of my favorite cards in my trade with Oren.

12.

11.
Wild Card created Chrome before Chrome was Chrome. Imagine if these had refractor parallels?!!?

10:
 
Brian Griese Finest Rookie. Griese was one of those sought after rookies in the 1998 class along with Ryan Leaf and of course Peyton Manning.

9.
Topps Chrome inserts whether they are refractors or not, just look good.

8.

7.
 
7 and 8 are set needs. This set had different levels to chase. There was the green base level, the next level was blue and the top was red. I think the reds were a little tougher to chase. Each pack also only came with only one red or one blue.

6.
 
Flair Wave Of The Future design got better by the years. This is probably the weakest design, but I love the blue on it.

5.
Dufex. That's all.

4.
I rank Plax up there as one of my all-time favorite Giants despite not having a long tenure with them. He is teh one that helped create Eli's career and in his early years with the Giants was pretty much unstoppable. Go ahead and YouTube him.

3.
I think a lot of Giants fans forgot what Daniel Jones was like his first year with the Giants. He led a huge comeback in his very first start and made some incredible throws his rookie year. Yes, the mistakes especially the fumbles were there but look at what Coach Daboll did his first year with him. I am still hoping he has a future with the Giants, though I have a feeling his time will end soon.

2.
 

1.
 
Are these really 2 and 1. More like 1A and 1B. I gave the slight edge to Dorsey because he was a Giant and I think the design is slightly better. But, Topps Chrome refractors in the 90's will always trump all. These cards are just stunning and make me want to set chase them both.

Well there you have it. My countdown.

Let me know if you would have made an changes to this.

In the meantime, thanks again to Oren for yet another awesome trade and you guys enjoy your coffee and cards.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. Very nice card countdown! Randle was fun to watch with my team, the Vikings. Coffee is good with Hazelnut creamer today on this rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally forgot Dorsey Levens was a Giant. Maybe because it was sandwiched between two years as an Eagle...Was Wild Card really the original chrome? Makes me wonder what else they have in that set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those Chrome refractors would be my favorites as well. As much as I dislike the Vikings, the purple background goes really well with Randall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not big into refractors but the colors on #1 and 2 sure are great. Very 90's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so! Yeah, I am a shiny freak haha

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!