Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Turning Over A New Leaf

Coffee is ready and so am I! It's time for a new Cards Over Coffee!

*takes a sip*

I have been anti-Leaf trading cards for many years, well not their Pop Century product, but all of their sports products. I only saw junk without the logos and a sad attempt to try and match the other company's efforts.

But recently, I have turned over a new Leaf, I have been adding Leaf cards to my collection and becoming quite fond of them. Maybe more than the licensed companies.

So far, my chase has been mostly focused on Eli Manning and there has been plenty to chase between 2023 and 2024.
This is a Blue Crystal parallel from 2023 Pro Set Metal. As always, team color match for the win.

These are numbered to 7.

2023 Pro Set Pink Wave

These are /4

2023 Pro Set Silver Wave

Those are numbered /7

Then another team color match with 2023 Pro Set Blue Wave

These are /8

Then there is the 2023 Pro Set Silver Crystal. 

 
These are numbered to 5.

I also have a Pro Set Retro from 2023 that's in the same product with the other.
This is a Blue Crystal. If you haven't been able to tell yet I really like the blue ones.

These are /7.

Now onto my 2024 chase so far. I like the 2024's even better so far.
This is the base 2024 Leaf Metal. This card is not numbered.

This is an Orange mojo parallel.

These are /4

Green Pulsar

This is /5

And that's it...for now. I think I may have a couple more on the way.

In the meantime, here is a happy group photo of them,


 
I am not sure how many more of these I will seek out. Depends on the situation and price. There is still tons more I can go for as it feels like this product is an endless pit of parallels with multiple 1/1's. There is no such thing as a rainbow chase with either year of these products, but they do have some very creative parallels. One of the 1/1's was called something like flame or fire and had flames in the background, looked amazing but got out of reach for me.

Maybe someday it will pop back up again, and I can find a trading friend to assist in landing it.

*takes a sip before closing up today's post*

 It didn't take me much to turn over a new leaf when cards look this good and with the creativity they spent with doing these parallels. I am looking forward to adding more of them to my Eli collection and hopefully other parts of my Giants PC as well. 

I also need to make a list of Pop Century autograph cards I want from its recent release.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday filled with full mugs.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

5 comments:

  1. Nice looking cards and fairly rare according to their serial number quantities. I also like the blue ones best. Blue has always been my favorite color. I had a fasting appointment this morning, so my first cup was later than usual. I'm making up for it! Have a great rest of the Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue is my favorite color as well and not just because of my team choices!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of modern Leaf, but do have to admit that a few of these don't look to bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always be a 90's Leaf person first, but comparing these to other stuff put out by Topps and Panini, I think Leaf is growing on me in today's times.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!