Friday, May 31, 2024

Counting It Down Again

I have coffee, cards and my laptop out. Guess that means some Cards Over Coffee heading your way.

*takes a sip*

My creativity has been slacking recently as I have been in a slump with so much on my mind. What does this mean for my latest mail day from Oren, well, it means another countdown which doesn't require much thought but covers all of the spots.

So, lets kick it off.
12. 1997 Finest Blue Chips base card of Edgar Renteria which covers all of the upcoming stars.

11.2000 Topps Divisional Highlight. I don't know why I wanted this, I hate Pedro, the Red Sox and seeing them win together. But, I fall victim I guess to unique photography.

10. Topps First Pitch Ben Gibbard. I had to Google who he is, which turns out he lead singer for Death Cab For Cutie.

9. First Pitch Judd Apatow who directed quite a few films I have seen such as The 40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Funny People, and This is 40.

8. I bet this Wrecking Crew insert looks amazing in refractor form.

7. Scott Rolen was that guy in the 90's prospectors would chase. This card simply just brings me back to those days.

6.Upper Deck and Oren continue to want to draw me in to collecting Hockey inserts and parallels.

5.1997 Fleer Team Leader. I have a thing for die cuts with faces. Just like the Wave Of The Futures in 1995 football.

4. Embossed and fun.

3. I miss the Upper Deck hologram days. But, guess from what I hear it costs a lot to run the technology to make the holograms which is why Upper Deck no longer does them.

2.Tommy Franks is an American general who led U.S. forces in the overthrow of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan and Saddam Hussein in Iraq. A real hero here and is throwing out a pitch for the Yankees, this is an easy Top 3 card.

And drum roll on your coffee mug please........
 
1. Donruss Long Ball Leaders. 90's insert, numbered and shiny. To me this is the easy number one.

Thanks again to Oren for our latest trade!

*takes a final sip before closing up today's post*

One thing that I find fun with these countdown posts is the response from the readers. What do you guys think? Did I nail this top 12? Should some be swapped? If so, which ones? What card do you find the coolest.

Let me know in comments!

Hope everyone has a great night.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*


10 comments:

  1. Obviously, I'm a fan of that Pedro card, but it always cracks me up because it looks like his brother Ramon is just glaring at him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I didn't notice that until you said it

      Delete
  2. It's fun to pick up a parallel every so often. The Toffoli is nice and sparkly. The challenge is to figure out which one of the many parallel it actually is. Nice variety! Have a great day. It's off to the races for me. Coffee please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I wished companies would print the parallels on the card!

      Delete
  3. The colors on that Rolen, I might have put it higher, but can't go wrong with Piazza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that Rolen had been a refractor, easy number one.

      Delete
  4. I'd put that Piazza at No. 4 at No. 1. I need that card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Maybe I can find a way to send it your way!

      Delete
  5. I've always liked the background on the Power Players. The color combination just does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be fun to chase a refractor set of those??!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!