Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The Good, The Bad And The Fun

Coffee is ready and so am I, let's get a new post up!

THE GOOD:
For the second straight year, I am Fantasy Football champion of my league! I started out a little rough as you can see by my record, however, it's now how you start your season, it's how you finished. Adding some key free agents when injuries occurred was huge.

THE BAD:
 
A few days after Christmas, I went to get out of my car, slipped onto some ice, reacted to catch myself by reaching into the car with my right arm bent backwards and felt my arm get sore. I figured a guy that's 40 with a muscle strain would take a little while to heal so I didn't go to the doctors.

That's until the pain got worse over time.

So, yesterday I went and the Dr as well suspected a muscle strain but decided to send me to an Xray anyways just in case. Well, that Xray showed a fracture on the back of my shoulder the shape of a crescent. 

After seeing that, the doctor thought maybe when I fell, I dislocated my shoulder and it snapped into place tearing ligaments, muscles and breaking a bone in the process. He said it's rare, but can happen. When I hear rare, I want to think cards, not shoulder injuries.

Good times. Great way to start 2024. And always fun to move around with low mobility in your dominant arm.

Now I must see ortho, maybe PT and hopefully no surgery.

THE FUN:

At Christmas time, I had a mail day from long time Twitter follower and friend @DarkCards66 that included a ton of awesome cards from Pieces Of My Past. I know a lot of collectors don't value or care about the products they put out, but I think what they put out is pretty cool.

This mail day included a lot of handwritten or typed relics from some legends of the past.






 
To be honest, there are a lot of amazing ones, but this Beethoven really caught my eye.

Thanks to my buddy @DarkCards66 for the Christmas mail day. I hope you got yours as well and enjoyed it as much as I did mine.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am hoping they call me from Ortho today with an appointment date, so I know what I am doing going forward. Right now, it has been hard leaving the sling on and trying to drive and do household chores. I am not one to sit down and relax with so much going on in my life.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

14 comments:

  1. I've seen a few of those Pieces relics and I often think "cool" but I just can't pull the trigger and buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should just try one sometime. They are pretty unique

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the fantasy league win and I hope your recovery/PT goes well (without surgery necessary)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I'm glad you went to get it checked. Praying for the healing process. It's not easy to follow the instructions, but it's worth it in the end. Hopefully it wasn't your coffee drinking shoulder. Nice relic cards. Coffee up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, always welcome them

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the shoulder! Hope you have an easy and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch. Hope you heal up quick and congrats on the fantasy win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to just make the playoffs in fantasy sports, so congrats on the win!
    Cool looking relic cards. How do you sort and organize them in your collection?
    And hopefully you'll be back to 100 percent health real soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so! And I didn't think I was even going to the playoffs the way my season started vs others in my league

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the FF championship! And sorry to hear about that injury. Hopefully it heals quickly. As for those relics... I really like them. I purchased a huge collection of them at a card show a while back.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!