Wednesday, January 31, 2024

A Happy Ending

January has been a rough month for me personally, however this blog has been thriving this month I am happy to report. It's taken awhile, but hopefully this blog will only go up from here.

So, I have my coffee ready and hoping to end the month on a HAPPY note.

*takes a sip*

The problem with posting almost every day and not having a lot of funds is that I am running out of posts in my drafts.

I didn't have a lot of options to end this month on and figured it was time to use up one of my posts that's been sitting in drafts for more than a month.

So, I introduce you a happy ending, no not one of those you dirty minds, an adult Happy Meal ending to the month.

In December, McDonald's brought out a sequel to their very popular Adult Happy Meal they released in 2022. This time instead of the Cactus Plante Flea Market, they have brought in Kerwin Frost (I have no idea who that was until Googled), to help assist in this years design.

Instead of the throwback McDonald's characters of last years, I pulled a Grimace I still have, this time they brought back the McNugget buddies to redesign them.

When you order the meal, you can choose between a Big Mac or 10-piece nugget, get fries and the toy of course which is the reason why I bought the meal.

You whip open the box to see this. Then you eat the food before it gets cold because the only thing worse than eating cold McDonald's food is drinking cold coffee.

And like when I pull an insert in a card pack, I saved the toy for last to see....
Three pieces to put together. Fortunately, it doesn't require rocket science to build like some of their toys do occasionally. I can't handle that.

 
I pulled the Don Bernice who according to McDonald's website is an "experienced fashion designer who creates all the outfits for the Buddies in Frost Way". To me it's either Don King or my preschool teacher who I am leaning more towards it being. That has got to be Mrs. B who had me take a nap when I didn't want to. I can recognize that face she made.

And before you say this is a card blog, why post about McDonald's toys....
 

I present you the Don Bernice rookie card.

Got you there, didn't I?

It's a pretty cool collectible I plan to hold onto. I hope they come back with another Adult Happy Meal next year. I really dig this idea and nostalgia.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I just wanted to take a minute out to thank those of you who come by and read this blog when I post and for making this the best month on Cards Over Coffee. I hope you guys enjoy the hard work and time that I put into the blog and every post.

Hope you come ready with a fresh cup for the next post.

Have a great Wednesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

10 comments:

  1. I broke down and got a couple of those meals. I have two out of the six figures. I thought they were pretty cool. We had a nice January for weather here in Central Minnesota. It made ice fishing not so easy to do. That's OK. I'm hoping your February will be much better. Thanks for sharing a coffee and another entertaining post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and reading as always!

      Delete
  2. Hope February is a better month for you, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat post. Remember doing McDonalds with my dad on Saturdays when I was a little kid. Now I do the same but we hit Subway since it closer to our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the memories being made. I remember my parents doing happy meals occasionally for us. Good times

      Delete
  4. Can't believe I missed out on this again, especially because I live walking distance away from two McDonald's. Pretty cool that it comes with a card. Almost makes me want to check eBay for some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy February! Hope things start turning around for you!

    I got the nugget with the hat. Brought it into my classroom... and my students gave me two more (without the cards though). My friend's mom collects these too, so I gave her three boxes for Christmas. Pretty sure she just needs one more.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!